Newby question about phones connected to the wyze

Hi, I;ve watched many yt reviews and I would like to add a camera and two motion sensors to my house. I know it’s not a full fledged safety system, but it’s bette than nothing. Now I am wondering, I don’t want to switch things on and off all the time, nor do I want to constantly receive notifications that are irrelevant. So, is it possible to hook up the phones of my wife and my two children as well, but for the latter with no options? I would like the system to sense someone is home (someone that has the right to call our house home) by sensing their phone is on the WiFi, so I don’t get notices. But I don’t want to give the kids any access to the system. Is this possible?
Cheers,
Hugo

I have done the wifi connection thing with my phone only with IFTTT, but with multiple people I used Life360 and IFTTT. Just made an applet that set the system on when the last person to left home, and off when the first person arrived home.

1 Like

And remember - this may be useless if your wife (like mine) forgets her phone when she leaves the house :slight_smile:

You too, eh? :rofl:

That might only be the case for me. My wife and kids seem to get serious signs of withdrawl when not within 3 feet of their device. I on the other hand will accept any excuse to not be reachable. But that is a different story. Omgitstony, thanks for the input.

Cheers,

Hugo

1 Like