New Wyzecam Replacement... Installation Instructions?

So not long ago my wyzecam had issues with working… contacted support and the issue couldn’t be fixed.
It had to do with it not finishing the setup… right after scanning the QR code… though that takes many tries. But the wyzecam kept having these sounds which previously it did not.
So I got a replacement wyzecam. Its the same exact wyzecam.

My question is because i already have the wyzecam app installed on my iphone… does that mean the instructions are the same? For example, i go connect wyzecam to the outlet… it flashes orange as it does now… then just go to my wyzecam app on iphone and then add device?

When i check the youtube video on how to install wyzecam, it says you have to put in an email and then you receive confirmation email before you continue. Since I did that a while back with my old wyzecam… do i need to do this with the new one? When i add the device, aren’t i registering the new wyzecam?

I have the old wyzecam with me at the moment as well… i also have a micro sd card in it. I am planning to put this in the new same wyzecam.

So do i just follow the youtube video of installing wyzecam as is with the new one with add device… then like that?

At the moment, my wyzecam is plugged into outlet… flashing orange as it should.

Do i just open the wyzecam app on my iphone and then add device and then follow the rest of the instructions in the video? Or is process a bit different because this is a replacement wyzecam… but its the exact same one as i currently have that i cannot get it to work.

Also is there any risk of me unplugging it from the outlet right now while its light is orange flashing if i want to finish this setup say a day or so later? I ask this because i dont want to mess anything up. I also did not hold that reset/power button yet… because i want to make sure before i continue.

You should be able to restart the setup process any time.
Just add a new one.

1 Like

Okay so when I do the setup with the new replacement wyzecam, should i take out the old micro sd card from my non working old wyzecam and put it in the new wyzecam?

Or just set it up as I do normally, then put the microsd card in after setup is complete?

I replied to your other duplicate post. Let’s continue the discussion on that one.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyzecam-replacement-installation-instructions/154852/6

@mods, merge? Thanks! :beers:

2 Likes

At the moment, my wyzecam is plugged into outlet… flashing orange as it should.

Do i just open the wyzecam app on my iphone and then add device and then follow the rest of the instructions in the video? Or is process a bit different because this is a replacement wyzecam… but its the exact same one as i currently have that i cannot get it to work.

Also is there any risk of me unplugging it from the outlet right now while its light is orange flashing if i want to finish this setup say a day or so later? I ask this because i dont want to mess anything up. I also did not hold that reset/power button yet… because i want to make sure before i continue.

Since you posted this twice you must be worried.
It may be your SD card.
Not all SD cards are created equal.

1 Like

Hi, what do you mean its my micro sd card? You mean with my old wyzecam not working? Because i removed it when trying to reset it up a while back… and it didn’t work.

Right now… im trying to set up the replacement wyzecam that i received. Such as setting it up. Since i have wyzecam app already on my iphone… you say just add a device. But should i stick the micro sd card into it… when setting it up? Or i could put it in later right after setup.

Wait until you have the camera setup to put the sd card in just so the camera isnt trying to read from it when you are doing the setup.

2 Likes

Can you explain where the problems started or what was experience after you scanned the qr code? All you have mentioned so far was that you heard sounds. What kind of sounds? The setup process takes just a few moments, no need to plug it in today, and do the setup tomorrow if you have just a little bit of time open to do this. Do you have any characters in your wifi ssid other than letters or numbers?

[Mod Edit]:Your Post was merged for reasons of search and Forum clarity. Please do not cross post the same post in multiple threads. This helps us keep the Forum both efficient for users and better organized.
A duplicate entry was deleted.

3 Likes

I have the replacement wyzecam with me right now. I also have my original wyzecam with me that stopped working… it has the microsd card that is inside.

I want to use the replacement wyzecam right now and want to set it up. All i want to know is… do i just connect the new replacement wyzecam into the outlet… then add the device and follow those instructions? In the youtube wyzecam installing video… you see how they do the setup and mention you need to put an email address then confirm the email. Do i need to do any of that though since well i already registered my email the first time i installed my wyzecam? Of course this is with the wyzecam that stopped working.

Such as do i need to add another email address to the new replacement wyzecam? And when i do the setup… i should have the microsd card inside the new replacement wyzecam right? I want to use it for the new camera. The old wyzecam… doesn’t work anymore so i will just leave it in the closet etc.

To make it very simple

Do i just plug the replacement wyzecam into outlet… then add device and thats it? No need for the email register thing?

Do i make sure i put in the microsd card from the old now working wyzecam into the replacement wyzecam when im doing the setup? Or just setup the replacement wyzecam first… then later on unplug it from the outlet and then put microsd card into it afterwards?

You only need one Wyze account. You log into the app with that account info and then you can setup all the Wyze products you want.

Edit/ you do not need the sd card in a camera for it to work or be setup. That can be added later if you want to use the features that the sd card allows (local recording, timelapse).

Okay so I just added the device, scan QR code and it worked when i clicked on turn on camera. So right now… the replacement wyzecam does work.

Now i also notice when i click on the wycecam app on my iphone, you see like two rectangle boxes with each wyzecam… one on top… the one that woks now… and the one on bottom which shows offline and that doesn’t work. I also unconnected that nonworking wyzecam. Is there a way to remove that one so i could get a whole picture of the new wyzecam? I assume you all know what i mean by this?

The other thing is this. After i set up the new replacement wyzecam, i turned it off. Then i took the microsd card from the old nonworking wyzecam… put it into the new wyzecam. Then i clicked turn on camera in the wyzecam app… it says microsd card not detected? There is only one way to put the microsd card in right? Because im sure i put it in correctly. Is it possible it got damaged somehow? It worked without any program at all on my old wyzecam.

So without the microsd card, i believe i can’t view footage for up to a certain amount of days right?

I recalled because i had an old microsd card… i could view footage up to two weeks or longer before old footage get deleted? For me… i only want to turn on my wyzecam… at night… and when im out a few times during the day… but majority of recording will be at night.

So how do i check my micro sd card to check if it works or not? Because without a micro sd card… its not that good right while using it?

When i click view playback after putting the micro sd card into the new wyzecam… it shows does not detect micro sd card.

Is there a way to check/fix this? Again… it worked with no problem when i had it in the old wyzecam.

On the screen with view playback button ,
Press the Cog icon - top left
Press Advanced settings
Press Local Storage
Is it enabled there ?
It will also tell you there what it knows about the SD card

Okay so when i click view playback, it seems to show early recordings earlier. But why is it there is a huge buzz sound sometimes?

It does show in local storage only abour I.5 gb sd card memory available out of like almost thirty gb. Thats how big my microsd card is about thirty two gb. I do have it set to continous recording. Do most do that or record events only?

Thing is i will only have my camera on when at night… or during the day when im outside to do some errands etc. So if you were to record continously all day everyday… its probably two weeks at the most before the old footage get erased by the new one right? But if you record continuosly and only at night or when you outside doing errands… so you not recording all the time… it probably would be three weeks or so worht of footage?

Footage retention depends on your quality settings and available sd card memory.

Here is a good general guide:

1 Like

Okay so do most people use sd or hd? What about three sixty p then? How much does that use? I have thirty two gb micro ssd card.

Also… the general guidelines you put down… thats if you have the camera on and it recording continously all day correct?