New Wyze hub software (4.32.9.249) turns hub into a brick

It might be that it’s not working with that many sensors? I have 44 and the first one started to go mad after I crossed 38ish sensor. For the few next it was struggling but went back to normal after some time. Then around 41 it died.

The new one I’ve first added all 44 sensors and then upgraded which broke the device right away.

Basically, my experience. Normally I have twenty-nine sensors. One failed and I was unable to replace it with a new one. I had spares. Waited for two months for a firmware update. Contact support, they sent a new HUB. I foolishly let it update. Now I can add only seventeen devices. The HUB and system still work but cannot add all my sensors. I decided to add the most important sensors and wait, not that I had another choice. A sensor count issue should be easy to resolve. I will say this again, it is time for two apps, separate security, and cameras from home goods.

I had a Wyze Sensor 'go Bad" last year, I called tech support and after minimal troubleshooting, they sent a replacement, and told me to recycle the old one.

I installed the new Wyze Sensor Hub, added my Motion Sensors (qty 5) and Entry Sensors (qty 6) back to the replacement Sensor, and for the most part all is well.

Later, after reading about others wanting to do a Motion Sensor in a Metal Mailbox to alert them that the mailbox had been opened, I too wasn’t getting a strong enough signal to my one Wyze Sensor Hub that was too far away from the mailbox to get a usable signal through the metal mailbox.

I had not recycled that ‘defective’ Wyze Sensor Hub yet.

I put that 2nd Wyze Sensor Hub back online, set it up in the corner of the Garage closest to the mailbox on the street (which happens to be about ten feet away) and I now was able to connect to the Wyze Motion Sensor v2 that is velcro’d to the back of the metal mailbox.

I said all that to say, have you considered splitting your sensors between the two Wyze Sensor Hubs to see if that might be a solution, rather than continue to fight the issue you are experiencing?

SJ

I’ve just got a 3rd hub from Amazon. I’ve added fewer sensors, only 2 leak, no climate. Just entry+keyboard+motion (and not all of them). With the old software everything works fine. Everything is perfect. Leak doesn’t work with old hub software which I kinda understand (apparently it’s a new one).

What I don’t understand however is why Wyze is FORCING ME to upgrade to broken software in order to get monitoring working. For THREE MONTHS they have this issue and they know that 4.32.2.127 works fine. Why I am forced to upgrade to broken version?

This is on the verge of a class lawsuit. They basically sold me a product 1month ago which they knew is not working (partially or in some cases at all) for 3 months now. If not resolved in the next days I will ask for money back (for ALL equipment - I don’t want Wyze cameras and security system of another company). If they won’t comply I am going to my Bank (credit card, they will sort it out).

I am not even annoyed it is broken (stuff happens, I am in software myself so I can understand how it works) but not having a rollback and FORCING new devices to upgrade to a broken software is so unprofessional it takes my breath away.

1 Like

Can they both be monitored by the same Home Monitoring Service?

I’ve tried to add sensors few times already and it breaks in kinda random moments. Sometimes already after 10 sensors it’s dead.

I’ve paid $1.5k total for all the cameras/sensors/bells etc so honestly I would expect them to work with HMS and with one hub. I understand your workaround but it’s still a workaround :confused:

I don’t have the HMS (Don’t trust Wyze to provide this type of service, and have no need for it, prefer self monitoring)

I’ve read here on the forums that HMS will only work with One Wyze Sensor Hub

(I think you can add other sensors to the 2nd Wyze Sensor Hub, but they will not be usable by the HMS system)

Hopefully someone can verify this info for you.

SJ

It works with entry + motion. I cannot add all of those to one hub (even if I forget about leak and climate).

I am on Wyze Beta program and my Sense Hub in on v4.32.9.249 (Plugin version 2.32.0.2) and it’s working fine. What the limit on the number of sensors per hub??

Limit is advertised as 100 total Hub-connected devices. I think I’m at 43.

In theory it’s 100 sensors. After 7 or 8 attempts I’ve managed to add around 20 most important ones which means that I have around 25 which I won’t be able to use until they fix it.

I am also on beta app and same firmware. Ive tried with my wife’a phone (so non beta app) and had the same issue. The new app plus old firmware on the other hand works without any issues. They do however force me to upgrade to new firmware to use HMS which immediately bricks the hub, tried it twice with brand new hubs.

The reason why it’s working for you is that you either have not too many sensors or you simply got lucky. Seems that with each new sensor addition probability of the issue increases but there might be still chance of success.

I managed to get seventeen including the two keypads, three motions, one water sensor, eleven contacts.
I am on Wyze Beta program, also. My Sense Hub is on v4.32.9.249 (Plugin version 2.5.0.84), this is the replacement HUB sent me.

I usually manage to get to 15-25, I’ve got to 35-40 once and it broke just before I finished adding all of my sensors which is around 45-46 I think.

Clearly it’s random but more you get it’s more probable it will break. There are lucky people with 40+ it seems.

I am not saying it’s ALWAYS crashing, for everyone as clearly it’s not but I’ve gone through three hubs already (thank you Amazon - love you). I am not ordering 4th as clearly I will be forced to update to the problematic version so I don’t expect different results.

In my case, I only have 2 contact sensors and 1 motion sensor. I believe that might explain why I am not affected. With all that number of sensors, they should take you seriously!

1 Like

Mine does not break. It just will not pair additional sensors.

In my case:

• cannot connect new sensors
  • sensor status is not refreshed
  • no alarms triggered
  • no voice announcements
  • disconnects from the network periodically (hub going offline), on both wire and wifi
  • cannot arm the alarm
  • cracking sounds/white noise (rather low level) coming out of the speaker
  • blinking lights at random moments

so total brick

I have exact same symptoms. Got replacement RMA hub from Wyze and set it up yesterday. Unfortunately I upgraded it (not a beta user). It went to the same bad state after addition of about 30-40 of my sensors. My latest case number is 2118409.
I was told by support that the only way to go is email and get responses from technicians. No new software update for hub is in the pipe

You had no choice but to upgrade. HMS setup cannot be finished without upgrade and some sensors will also not work without upgrade. It’s hilarious Wyze is forcing broken upgrade on people while the previous version works fine.

I read somewhere that they are testing some “hypothetical fix” for the hub so I will wait a bit and ask for my money back if nothing changes.

Here is what I have learned on my 4th hub.

I did not do the firmware update before adding sensors. I set up hub on WiFi. Added keypad and sensors. Ignored the firmware notice for leak sensors. After I had added all sensors, I did the firmware update. It made the hub do the crackle. Reboot cycle thing for about 4-5 hours. After that, the hub worked again and all was good.

It seems it needs some “time in the corner by itself” to correct its behavior. Worked for me, might work for others. Hope so. Very frustrating situation.

1 Like

Yes, it bricked mine too.

I am sure that will work. I did not know i had a problem until I tried to replace a sensor that had failed. I suspect had i taken your path I would have had the same result. This is a repeatable issue. The software writers should have been able to track it down quickly. They have not. Thus, I have a half functional system that Wyze just charged me for the renewal. And by the way, I have never taken the HMS out of test mode. I do not want the police called unless I make the call.