New Wyze Device - MaxDrive?

Hi. I had another camera pointing at the one he stole. My Front Door camera caught him trying to turn the door knob, and his car was recognizable because it’s tail lights were out. My neighbor’s camera caught him going down the street. Still, with all the evidence, the police haven’t done anything. They’re way too busy. I get that. Maybe they can use the video clips in the future if he does something else. You are so right. I’d much rather lose a $20 camera than a $200 one. I feel very comfortable with my new setup, and am very happy with my Wyze Cams; but, just in case he comes back for a “visit”, I’m more than ready with all kinds of “surprises”. Thanks.

when is the optional max hard drive going to be available?

1 Like

Which is why you don’t want your cameras blatantly out in the open.

When it comes to security, the saying “Out of sight is out of mind” is key.

If a thief doesn’t see a camera, then they won’t think about damaging one.

Time is the most important thing to a thief, they can’t hang around looking for things.

And if they do see a camera they may not approach at all.
I would rather scare them off that ‘catch’ them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is one reason why they make fake (dummy) security cameras. They look like the real thing but are just dummy shells with no real camera insides. I’ve posted an example below. What many surveillance installers do is install a dummy camera in plain sight along with a real (but hidden) camera together. If they try to destroy the dummy camera (thinking it’s real) they will think their tracks are covered, but the real (hidden) camera is always recording the event.

https://www.amazon.com/Security-Surveillance-Realistic-Recording-Warning/dp/B01HDZM66K/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=fake+camera&qid=1555778978&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

It’s nearly as cheap to use multiple Wyze cams. :slight_smile:

Yes, but it would break my heart to see an actual Wyze camera damaged :slight_smile: