New V3 hangs after about 5 hours

Just to close up everything with a nice post-new year, happy 2021 bow, the new V3 cam is up and running in the exact same location as the original cam, and working flawlessly so far (24 hours). It’s got a SDHC card in it and working the way the other V3 cam did since the start.

I know that @dr.know mentioned I should mark this issue resolved, so I’ll try to figure that out right after I get this final wrap-up reply posted.

Here’s to a great 2021. 2020: Don’t let the door hit you in the a** on the way out. Please consider this a polite request to never come back here… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s good.

Until the next firmware and/or app update.

2 Likes

Congrats on a working environment. I know these WYZE products can be a bit frustrating at times. Way to stick with it and get things working properly!

Happy New Year to you as well.

1 Like

I’m glad you got your camera replaced–I’m waiting for someone to get back to me on what seems to be the same issue. However, one thing I did figure out on mine is that it’s temperature related. I was experiencing the exact same symptoms as you, and tried the same things (moving the camera around, exchanging with a different one, etc). I started monitoring the power usage while it was running (inside my house), and it worked totally fine–never locked up. Thinking that was strange, I moved it outside the house (only 10’ away) and it failed within 20 minutes. I was able to replicate this behavior by bringing it back inside, and then putting it back outside. When it first started happening it was probably 20-30°F, but the outside temperature was only 40°F when I began testing, so certainly not an “extreme” temperature, but it was enough to cause the issue.

So anyway @parkerpress, I’m not sure what your outside temperature was when you experienced your issues, but this has been my experience!

1 Like

My issue was fixed with the firmware upgrade.

I just upgraded the firmware myself a few minutes ago, and am running the same tests again! Fingers crossed…

1 Like

@slyck : Interesting observation on the temps. I have two outdoor V3s in Colorado, and night temps have been in the teens and twenty. One worked flawlessly the whole time, the other one (that this thread is about) failed. The new replacement cam has been working well so far, so I’m not sure I can say it’s the same issue that you’re seeing. But that is an interesting observation.

As to getting your reply back from support, in my experience it was slow for the initial reply, but once somebody took the ticket, everything from there happened really quickly.

Here’s to getting your issue resolved quickly!

Steve

2 Likes

Well, so far so good. After the firmware update the camera has been online for longer than it’s ever made it before, so maybe this resolved the issue! I’ll refrain from mounting it in an inaccessible position right away, but this is certainly promising. I’ll report back with any changes…

2 Likes