New V3, detection zone 1. wont save 2. pic smaller than camera viewing area

let me try clearing the cache, one second. I noticed also that the aspect ratio isn’t the same.

Interesting thought, Definitely could be Aspect Ratio issue. However, I would have expected the live view to look the same then.

I cleared the cache and restarted the phone, no change, same problem…

Are you willing to try the Beta FW?

Question, the Detection Zone Image and the Live Image, are they from the same Phone or Tablet?

@Ipil60R34s any idea on how one would change the Apsect Ratio on the Detection Zone area and not the primary Live View. I Can’t seem to do that :slight_smile: But there must be a way.

Sorry, I don’t know.

I suspect whoever coded this section of the app is imposing the 1080 standard aspect ratio as the user resizes the detection zone, instead of using the current view’s.

sorry, don’t have another device to try, I do most of my work on the computer and my phone for this type of stuff (mostly at night or when I’m not home).

Yea, I agree with that. I don’t have that issue. Mine matches my main video.

if I “delete the device” and reinitialize/start new, will that reset it to factory and go from there, or is there another setting to reset to factory without deleting the device.

@Bam may be better at answering this. However, my experience has been deleting the device and then adding it again does reset the settings in the app. However, if the aspect ratio is the issue then it is most like related to a setting on your phone. But not sure how to set the aspect ratio different from live stream compared to the Detection Zone settings page.

it seems like there was a similar issue a long time ago…many FW’s ago…I cant find it in my searches though. I may be confusing it slightly with something else. it’s not the aspect ratio on your phone though, otherwise it would be smaller all the time. …im thinking about tagging some good friends in on this mystery

yodelayheehoo! ( insert quickly rehearsed @Mavens yodel here) might any of you remember a similar issue in the last couple of years… I think the collective mind of the maven swarm might know something

3 Likes

I don’t have this problem on my other V2s, just on this new V3. Given the differences between the S9 and the Pixel, re detection zone/save button, etc, I think this is software related.

software/firmware related…

Very well may be. However, I know a few individuals with different Android phone and tablets. They all seem to work as expected. So. I don’t believe it is app related, but very well could be Firmware. I would load the Beta Firmware and see. At a minimum, it would cause a refresh and provide you with a more granular detection zone.

one other tidbit, even though the detection zone view doesn’t include the entire camera view I still get alerts from the entire camera viewing area. In other words a person can be outside the detection zone area but still get picked up and trigger a notification.

This is puzzling. If it were me, I would remove the camera and reload it again as you indicated. I would also load the Beta FW to see if that corrects it.

Definitely presents itself as a FW issue. do you have other V3 camera’s? If so, what do those show?

the only other cameras I have are all V2s, purposely waited for this V3 to come out. I also have Arlo and Ring, but hands down like this V3 over everything else so far. I think I’ll delete the device and try a fresh re-initialize/start, hopefully it goes back to factory and give it another shot. If that works great, if not, then I’ll try the Beta FW route.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan. I will research the forums as well and see. I have 6 V3’s and happy with all of them.

If all else fails, I would contact Wyze by calling:

(206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

reset/reinitialized the camera, same problem, but now I lost my Cam Plus trial. Anyone know how to get that offer back?

you should still be able to go to the Services / CamPlus area Click edit and see the Trial for CamPlus. Once the subscription is on your account you can attach any camera to the subscription. I have done this before. I moved Camera’s around without issue. It should still be there.

@Bam any ideas on this?

thanks, I think it worked. I have “PLUS” beside the camera and seems to be a choice in the notifications. I’ll remount it where it’s supposed to be and test it out.