I have had Wyze cams for a couple of years now, for the last few months I have been experiencing multiple, random disconnects that sometimes require a power cycle and sometimes clear up after a day or so on their own. I can’t say for sure but it seems to coincide with recent firmware upgrades. I have read some of the other disconnect posts and have not found anything helpful.
- I have not made any changes to my network since before this started happening including adding new wired or wireless devices. (Other than testing and troubleshooting this issue.)
- I have 5 cameras, 2 power plugs, and 2 motion detectors.
- I have a Linksys WRT3200ACM connected to a 500d/50u cable modem.
- It’s not always the same cameras that disconnect.
- Sometimes it’s only one of them sometimes it’s many or all of them.
This is a bummer because it makes them totally useless when I am on the road (no one to reset them). I work on IT networks for a living and have done my due diligence to rule out issues on my end. I even set up a second wireless router just for the cameras for a couple of weeks and had the same issue. I moved the wi-fi router to multiple locations, swapped channels, tried a simple SSID, and disabled wi-fi modes not used. I really feel like it is the cameras and I’m really bummed, I’ve done a lot of customization for the front door and roof cameras. P.S. I miss the old person detection.