New product?

Been hearings lots of talk about a wyze mesh router ?? :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

The only new product I want to see is a carbon/smoke detector for HMS.

1 Like

Don’t look now, there’s info! :slight_smile:

Buried deep (post #42) but it’s there! :+1:

2 Likes

I want a Wyze v4k video surveillance camera . 4k video quality with color night mode .

1 Like

Give it a vote!

3 Likes

Does the new mesh router only support 2.4G and you have to buy Mesh + to get 5G?
:smiling_imp:

Wyse cams only run on 2.4G.

1 Like

There are already some Wyze products that use 5gHz. For example, my Wyze Video Doorbell Pro is currently connected using my 5gHz SSID, though it also supports 2.4gHz if someone wants it to reach father away.

Most IoT devices stick to 2.4gHz because it’s cheaper, reaches farther and few smart devices need faster speeds than are offered by 2.4gHz. The biggest issue is when you have a lot of devices and have lots of other neighbors using 2.4gHz a lot too. I recently read interesting solutions being offered by WiFi 7 which should help distribute device use a lot better among all the bands.

3 Likes

Thanks. I only use the cams and bulbs.

Just got wifi 6 a couple weeks ago. Still keep cams on old wifi 5 isolated network.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s funny, too bad we don’t have a troupe of idiots (talented actors) standing by to shoot ‘flash’ mock commercials like Whys. :laughing:

1 Like

You wanna come live at our house in the shack on the sideyard? It’s well appointed. And you could come in for meals to regale us with your tales of tech!

Not even kidding, I’d even put double pane windows that tilt out on the shack if you agree to regular regaling! You are good!

Great tech tit-bit! :+1: :smile:

1 Like

Ha ha, I doubt my wife & kids would agree to such an arrangement. :slight_smile: I think they enjoy where we are with our swimming pool and a whole house to ourselves…well, sort of to ourselves…sometimes we let someone else live with us for a bit. Have a brother-in-law here for a while as he waits to buy his first home.

3 Likes

Funnier than any emoji somehow. :rofl:

I like that. B-in-L s are sometimes underloved and need positive reinforcement. Not yours maybe, but I’ve seen it. Not that uncommon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, my wife is the oldest of 12 kids…6 boys, 6 girls, so add in the spouses as well and I have plenty of B-in-Ls! Most of my in-laws have lived with us or rented part of our house (ie: the basement) from us at one point or another. I think my Wife might be the only one of the siblings that all 11 others universally agree they like and trust. :rofl: And I joined the family when most of them were still pretty young, so some of them don’t even really remember a time when I wasn’t basically their brother, playing with them, taking them fishing, taught some to drive, etc. I know some people have rough relationships with in-laws, but I love my in-laws, they’re as much family to me as anyone else could be.

2 Likes

Lucky you, and family, brother, sounds people rich!

2 Likes

Hmm, maybe this is what I meant. Hurry…

ENDS TONIGHT!! :slight_smile: