Wyze Thermostat - Smart home heating & cooling

Yeh. Did that already. Just waiting for the call to test the product and provide active feedback.

2 Likes

Will you sell just temperature sensors? As opposed to a full thermostat?

For my shed I’d like an external temperature sensor that, if the temperature is too high, using wyze rules, I will use to automatically activate wyze plugs controlling a fan.

Thanks!

3 Likes

That is very smart!!

1 Like

You don’t have to wait for a Smart Thermostat to do that. You can just have an home automation hub like Hubitat Elevation or Smartthings connect to a Z-wave temperature/humidity sensor in your garage or shed.

Just installed a new AC/Heating unit and have opted to keep the old thermostat until the right smart 'stat comes along. Be happy to test if available

2 Likes

I could totally use that in my detached garage to turn on devices and in the grow room and greenhouse.
sign me up for remote temp sensors

2 Likes

Thanks, but I am hoping to do this with wyze, so all my products are integrated.

1 Like

Temp sensors would be awesome sold separately my wife would use those in her Greenhouse all the time. I think you’ve hit on something

3 Likes

No other company offers milivolt compatibility for gas heater stoves. This would be great to have and access through the app to change temps.

Please develop something like MYSA or Nest for baseboard heaters :blush:.

Big market in the condo business and each baseboard heated room has one thermostat creating a big market for energy efficiency.

Features should include geofencing, notifications and motion sensor to adjust heat based on motion of humans.

4 Likes

Hello. I agree there isnot nice and cheap alternative for 220v baseboard. I am leaving in Montreal and pretty much 75% of the house/condo have 220v baseboard, the market is pretty big for this type of voltage. Please make it for 220v

2 Likes

When it comes to baseboard 220v is much more efficient than 110. So you are correct there’s a lot of 220V baseboard heaters out there and I’m not aware of one smart thermostat that can handle that. You might look at Warmup I’m not sure if they can do 220 or not but I know they can do 110 for baseboard. I have one of the thermostats running my under carpet heat mats. I have one of their thermostats running my under tile heat. And I have a third that I am looking at running baseboard heat or possibly switching out and running the tile floor because it’s not a smart thermostat. But their thermostats have been excellent

1 Like

@mike.s - what do you think of temp sensors, aside froma thermostat?

2 Likes

I would buy temperature sensors for sure. just like the motion detector and the door detector they can be used in interesting ways it exponentially increases the value of the entire product line.

4 Likes

I also would be interested in a smart thermostat from Wyze- I have 5 zones with our water baseboard heat and I have held off getting some smart thermostat hoping Wyze would introduce one soon!!!

3 Likes

Hello everyone… @mike.s here! Wanted to provide an update on Wyze Thermostat and let you know we have finalized our industrial design and expect our first functional prototype next month! No update on release date yet, but we are excited by the progress and appreciate all the ideas you’ve been sharing here.

I also have a request that will help us make sure Wyze Thermostat is compatible with as many different systems as possible… please take a picture of your current thermostat wiring and upload it to the following link: https://airtable.com/shrRy4YQ72dnZ5XsA

Thank you in advance and I hope you’re all staying safe/healthy!

11 Likes

Thanks for the update @mike.s,

I just uploaded the inside of my Honeywell Wifi thermostat. Can’t wait for the Beta or the Early Release. My thermostat is about to kick the bucket.

1 Like

Baseboard Heater 220 volt

Cheers

2 Likes

He needs a picture of the wiring and you need to use the form in his post

2 Likes

This is great news!
I just uploaded picture of wiring of mine.
Will it include some geo-fencing or alike smarts to be able to determine that noone is at home and change settings?

Thank you!

1 Like