New PanCam with starlight cam

I just received and new nighttime color is awesome. But the regular night vision was reallly really bad. I’m still working on/with it. Not sure if i would ever use regular night vision since the color night vision is so good but I do like anything I have to work properly in all functions. Let me know if you have suggestion for improving old style night vision on new PanCam.

Are the IR lights enabled? Check by going to the camera’s settings, advanced settings, night vision IR lights and make sure they’re on. You can also try power cycling (unplug, wait 10 seconds, then plug the cam back in) the camera.
Do you have a picture of the V2 Pan in black & white night vision?

2 Likes

Like @Brlepage stated, check to make sure the irs are enabled. Atleast have some type of outside light. Moon light from a mostly full moon atleast will brighten up a starlight picture. I’ll second the request for some visual aids. Screenshots on what the cameras seeing in different lighting conditions would be perfect. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

We just bought 3 ea wyze cam pan v2 and can’t get the color night vision to work on our indoor cameras. been on the phone with customer service for the last 70 minutes and they are saying that the cam pan v2 DOESN’T WORK unless you leave a light on in the room. That makes no sense. Does anyone have suggestion on how I can get the night vision to work in color. Please advise, thank you

Color at night needs some, but very minimal, light to illuminate the picture. Just moonlight can be noticable when having a camera with the starlight sensor outdoor facing a backyard even. And with color, it needs to by just a small bit a light in the visible spectrum. The “night vision” (black and white) mode even needs illumination to work, althought that needs ir, which is invisible to the human eye. So with your dark room. With the camera in either color at night or actual night vision mode,unless there is some illumination, the room will be dark.

If you had a small night light or something similar, that will.appesr to light up the room when using the color at night.

1 Like

I just tried to put a night light in the room and then turned my app on my phone off and restarted it and wyze cam pan v2 still shows black and white. any other suggestions

Yes, turn off “night vision”. That’ll take away the black and white and make your picture be in color.

1 Like

Both normal and color night vision needs light to work. With normal night vision that would be the IR lights on the camera. With color night vision, that would be any normal light source, even if dim. If your wall night lights are covered to keep them from illuminating the room, then that may be too dim. It is general light in the room that counts, even if it isn’t much.

So best thing to do under VERY low-light conditions is to turn on the IR lights and use normal B&W night vision. My color night vision works well outdoors with my yard light (I don’t have enough light indoors), but total or near total darkness doesn’t work for either mode. Gotta have a bit of general light, even if faint.

2 Likes