New Outdoor Wyze Cam -Image Is Purple

New Outdoor Cam received yesterday has a really purple image. I’ve tried the troubleshooting suggestions, cycling through the night vision thingie, powering off and on, moving cam to different outlets, no dice. Sent a trouble ticket, no help yet.
Anybody else experience this?

Did you remove the thin protective piece of plastic from the lens? That would be my only guess.

Do you hear a click when you turn on and off night vision? If not I think the cameras ir cut filter is stuck. A way to see if the ir cut filter is not engaged is to use a remote with ir and press the buttons on it if the remote looks like a flashlight then the filter is not in place.

Did you remove the thin protective piece of plastic from the lens? That would be my only guess.

I did indeed.

Using the community app on my phone I wasn’t smart enough to be able to copy and paste the above-referenced link. If you search the forum for
purple tint magnet
you’ll probably find the article.

Do you hear a click when you turn on and off night vision? If not I think the cameras ir cut filter is stuck. A way to see if the ir cut filter is not engaged is to use a remote with ir and press the buttons on it if the remote looks like a flashlight then the filter is not in place.

I hear no click. It looks like a flashlight, all right. Now what?

It seems that your ir cut filter is stuck/broken. The only suggestion I have is to give Wyze a call or wait for them to get back to you. @UserCustomerGwen may be able to speed up the process of getting you in contact with someone.

1 Like

Magnets placed on the outside of the thing in various places have no effect.

I’d be tempted to take it down and turn it off and tap it on the counter on different surfaces a few times. Or drop it in a sock and use it to pummel the next home intruder.

2 Likes

No response from @UserCustomerGwen or anyone else. This is the worst customer service I’ve ever seen, by far. Purchased 13 other items from Wyze, and never had a problem until now.

If I’d known how they treat customers with an issue, I’d have purchased nothing from them.

As none of the troubleshooting suggestions were effective, an Wyze themselves couldn’t be bothered to do anything except copy and paste in email the same ineffective suggestions over and over again, I figured I had nothing to lose by trying @doug11 's notion of slamming it on the table.

Damned if that didn’t work.

Not that I’m a happy customer now, but at least the image is in color.

1 Like

Turning on and off night vision results in a purple image again.
The only way to get a color image is to slam it on the table once more.
What a piece of crap.

There is an “autopsy” thread in the forum if you don’t want to attempt to return it for a refund. And possibly an autopsy video on YouTube. in the 1970s I had a television set like that, it’ll go haywire and I’d slap it on the right side and it would work for an hour.

Sorry for my delay! I’m definitely running behind. I don’t see a support ticket number in here or the private messages. May I please have your support ticket number?

Here is our phone number if you would like to go that route:

206-339-9646