New firmware, now camera wont connect

Aloha, I am in Maui.

I’m still on - perfectly stable - 4.9.5.111 for v2 and 4.10.5.111 for PanCam.
Looks like I’ll stay there for a while (as cameras work, person detection works, etc).

New ticket opening for New Zeland worked but time is off and can’t sync.

Yeah, I’m in Australia too. I’m lucky I did not update all my cams.

utc=635

Here is the update and how to temporarily fix the issue

2 Likes

So now my cameras work. hope this helps

Make sure the sd card you use is formatted to FAT32, If its under 32gb you can format on windows, I had a 64gb so I used a formatter online.

When you download the firmware (the JULY firmware) extract files, open the new folder and the bin file will be in there, rename to demo.bin , then i copied into the sd card. you can probably just extract the .zip file inside the sd card, but this is what I did.

Follow the instructions provided on wyze,
-Turn off cam, (unplug)
-insert sd card,
-Plug, turn on cam while holding the reset button,
-wait for it to turn blue, if it doesnt turn blue, like what happened to me, your file is wrong, or your sd card is exfat or something else. make sure its FAT32
-wait a couple of minutes, it says 4, i forgot about it and waited 10-15 minutes,
-now try and add the cam into your wyze app,

also, before all of this while i was figuring everything out, I left my sd card to record my surroundings, but you dont need to do that.

2 of my cameras saved the settings, one had to input my old settings.

This is on 2 pan cams and 1 v2

3 Likes

Good job @v1rus !

1 Like

Australia as well

1 Like

Manually flashed the firmware onto the cameras via SD card as instructed. Wasted abit of time but all is working now. Thankyou for the advice

1 Like

That is great news @rhyyys. Thanks for the update.

Eastern Daylight here

1 Like

Same thing here, None of the cams work since they updated, I haven’t have time to spend on them but this certainly has created an inconvenient situation.

Very Disappointed!!!

I signed up just to read about what’s going on. I’m glad I"m not the only one. For the last 2 days, i thought it was my wifi problem. The light on my Wyzecam2 was blinking yellow and blue continuously. Tried rebooting, hard reset etc, even rebooted my router.

I was about to conclude that the Wyzecam died after 2 years of use and was about to order a new one.
Glad I found this thread.

I downgraded to the older firmware in July 2020 and now it’s back to normal. Did anyone update to the newest firmware that fixes the time zone to see if that worked too? i’m scared to use new firmware after this incident.

1 Like

I am experiencing the exact same thing with WYZE CAMv2. I also had a firmware upgrade. I was trying to connect my cam to a different router, but it didn’t connect. So I tried setup with the previous router that was working and that won’t connect either. So I tried an older router that I had used with it in the past, and it won’t connect to that either.

So thinking it must be the Camera, I reset another WYZE CAMv2. It won’t connect either.

They sit there saying “waiting to connect.”

I do have a WYZE Outdoor Cam that is still working. That’s it. At this point I have no way of rolling back the firmware.

Howszit Bra,

do these steps, your camera(s) will return from ?

Thanks for the very detailed instructions on how to revert back to JULY Firmware. I will copy and paste in my comment. Thanks again V1RUS very helpful.

Make sure the sd card you use is formatted to FAT32 , If its under 32gb you can format on windows, I had a 64gb so I used a formatter online.

When you download the firmware ( the JULY firmware ) extract files, open the new folder and the bin file will be in there, rename to demo.bin , then i copied into the sd card. you can probably just extract the .zip file inside the sd card, but this is what I did.

Follow the instructions provided on wyze,
-Turn off cam, (unplug)
-insert sd card,
-Plug, turn on cam while holding the reset button ,
-wait for it to turn blue, if it doesnt turn blue, like what happened to me, your file is wrong, or your sd card is exfat or something else. make sure its FAT32

• wait a couple of minutes, it says 4, i forgot about it and waited 10-15 minutes,
    now try and add the cam into your wyze app,

also, before all of this while i was figuring everything out, I left my sd card to record my surroundings, but you dont need to do that.

2 of my cameras saved the settings, one had to input my old settings.

Go get em Aloha

2 Likes

Mahalo for posting braddah…

1 Like

I was one of the first to report this issue. I am at my wits end. I have spent days trying to fix this. All 3 of my WYZE cam V2’s will not connect. I have tried downgrading firmware. I have tried working with support. I have 3 useless mini cams now. What is your resolution on this? You don’t seem to have an answer at all.

I know how you feel. I takes a tech savvy to do what they asked you to do such as sd card fomat “Fat32” reboot. What if you only have phone and ipads to work with? I just bought another 3 cameras to keep my sanity. I will refuse to upgrade from now on until the cameras stopped working again. Then I will upgrade. If it does the same thing I will scrap my whole WYZE system and will look into other headache free camera security system.

Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you @rhomecote. This may be kind of out there, depends were you live. You need the uSD card format in FAT32 w/demo.bin on it.

Try an electronic store like Best Buy and pick un an inexpensive card. The Geek Squad might coy the file or you just becaue they are really nice.

Join (https://nextdoor.com/) and see if someone close by would do it for you. I’ve done this for a few neighbors. Its worth a shot. . .

1 Like