New firmware, now camera wont connect

Hey all, having this same issue. Upgraded all my cameras now none of them are connecting. Tried power cycling for two of them, then tried deleting the device and re-adding it multiple times but does not work. Only got error “connection timed out please re-scan QR code” repeatedly. Any updates on this would be great. Otherwise, will try what’s suggested here.

I too am having the exact same issue with my 4 V2s. Updated the firmware and they all have the code 90 error now. I power cycled everything and no change. I factory reset one, disabled my routers 5ghz network and bandsteering, and tried to reconnect one camera. The camera just says connection timed out, rescan QR code.

I had the same issue with Pan Cam. I fixed it.
Note: do not delete your previous Pan Cam device from your account. it will automatically replace it with the new name and When I plug in Wyze Bridge it all works with original settings.

Solution: I flashed firmware manually to previous version 4.10.6.156. Then add new device back to my account. Unplug your bridge if you have one. you will need Microsd card. I did try to flash new version again, but did not work.

How to manually flash firmware :

Download your firmware from here:

1 Like

Thank you for the good news @andynglm !
Note to other users: 8~32 GB uSD card format w/FAT32.

Mine wont connect either now all 4 cameras are not working… Very frustrating after the upgrade

Im in Hawaii. All 4 of my cameras failed :frowning: after the upgrade…

CST. 2 out of 3 cameras randomly error code 90. Strong Signal Strength…4.9.6.156.

I am in NZ. I successfully got my cameras back by manually re-flashing the previous firmware.

1 Like

Exactly the same here. I see Wyze has paused the rollout. Hopefully a fix soon. Downtime too long.

I only have 6 cameras and I thought that was a lot already.

Hi, timezone Australia all cameras failed to update either via OTA or manual

Aloha, I am in Maui.

I’m still on - perfectly stable - 4.9.5.111 for v2 and 4.10.5.111 for PanCam.
Looks like I’ll stay there for a while (as cameras work, person detection works, etc).

New ticket opening for New Zeland worked but time is off and can’t sync.

Yeah, I’m in Australia too. I’m lucky I did not update all my cams.

utc=635

Here is the update and how to temporarily fix the issue

2 Likes

So now my cameras work. hope this helps

Make sure the sd card you use is formatted to FAT32, If its under 32gb you can format on windows, I had a 64gb so I used a formatter online.

When you download the firmware (the JULY firmware) extract files, open the new folder and the bin file will be in there, rename to demo.bin , then i copied into the sd card. you can probably just extract the .zip file inside the sd card, but this is what I did.

Follow the instructions provided on wyze,
-Turn off cam, (unplug)
-insert sd card,
-Plug, turn on cam while holding the reset button,
-wait for it to turn blue, if it doesnt turn blue, like what happened to me, your file is wrong, or your sd card is exfat or something else. make sure its FAT32
-wait a couple of minutes, it says 4, i forgot about it and waited 10-15 minutes,
-now try and add the cam into your wyze app,

also, before all of this while i was figuring everything out, I left my sd card to record my surroundings, but you dont need to do that.

2 of my cameras saved the settings, one had to input my old settings.

This is on 2 pan cams and 1 v2

3 Likes