Purchased new Cam Pan yesterday. Here are some comments and problems I’ve had so far:
- It read the QR code and connected to Wi Fi just fine
- The unit had firmware 220.127.116.11, and when I checked for firmware upgrade to 18.104.22.168 is available. I ran the upgrade 3 times and each time it would get to approx. 15% and unit would rotate 360 and after a few minutes the status bar would get to 100% and it would show "upgrade failed."
- Last night tested the IR night vision mode in large family room, and got nothing but black screen, whether in Auto or On mode.
- Tested the IR again this morning and it looks like it works. (I moved it to a tiny bathroom to test), and switching form Auto to On to Off worked okay, BUT
- Now it appears it has done its' own firmware upgrade to 22.214.171.124 and now when in Auto or Off mode the screen is purple. Switching to IR mode does activate B/W image.
- I restarted camera, turned it off and on but still have purple screen. Very annoying !!
- I also had to delete app from IPad and re-install as it was stuck on the screen to turn unit off. Also very annoying.