New Beta firmware released: Cam Pan (4.10.3.65), Cam v2 (4.9.4.51)

The tagging for my Pan CAM still does not work with this firmware. I have downgraded and upgraded multiple times.

Is anything else being tackled with this beta?

Specifically asking about the ability to better define a detection region.

Most other cameras and apps provide to ability to define the regions by shading out an exclusion or inclusion area.
Itā€™s been requested a lot on the forums and it makes sense to be part of this beta to improve detection rates.

Working now. Thanks for the update!

Since updating to beta firmware .65 my pan cam shows as offline, but when I tap on it, itā€™s working. Anyone else seeing this?

Facebook is the devil and itā€™s dead to me. I didnā€™t like having to talk to my relatives either.

1 Like

how do I upgrade to this firmware?
I am on 4.19.4.48 - the RTSP firmware, through beta application

It says I am on the latest firmware, but it also says I need to upgrade when I try to turn on person tagging

Anything new with this beta?

Not having the timestamp is a PITA so Iā€™ve turned off the Person & Vehicle Tagging

this isnā€™t officialā€¦and more than likely a bug. but because of the time lapse issue I reverted back to an old firmware( this is only available for beta testers)

So I reverted back to Beat .33 and shockingly after doing the revert I have all the new features along with the time stamp, time-lapse and person vehicle tagging. ā€¦ā€¦just a thought if you want to try it ( if you really want the timestamp and AI tagging feature)

I have only tested this with beta ending in .33 so I cant speak to other reverts if it will work.

1 Like

Actually reverting to an older firmware is available for all. Itā€™s just that NON-BETA you need to do the SD card dance:
Find the demo.bin
Load a compatible SD card w/ demo.bin
Boot from that SD card

Which still needs to be done to load RTSP as far as I know.

1 Like

yes, thatā€™s a flash not the supported revert function. this is something you need to be for more tech savvy too work just because it includes loading, unloading files and renaming some and then including the flash itself. although Iā€™m now going to refer to it as ā€œthe SD card danceā€ lol

The SD card dance also requires:
Obtaining the CORRECT SD card (some people donā€™t use them, my son has 7 or 8 cameras - NO SD cards in them)
Finding the download files (usually easy)
Copying the files to SD card and ENSURING THEY ARE NAMED CORRECTLY (this was one place several people got hung up)
Booting correctly - Plugging in, holding down the button, watching the light - takes all three hands.

The beta revert requires:
Selecting the file (mash the button)

2 Likes