New Beta App released on 8/14

Roger that, R.Bruce… but the initial problem I described is with the GA app. I rejoined the beta program solely as a test to see if shortcut control might be regained. Also, I have no problem keeping the items separate in my thought process - however I much preferred the dual functionality of both manual and automated control. Doesn’t make sense to have to build the same thing twice. This is exactly the sort of task where technology is supposed to simplify our lives - not create double the work :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to say that firmware “upgrades” are not a viable solution for me. I’ve found (and described in several threads) that Cam Pan firmwares beyond 4.10.3.40 radically alter the reliability of recorded footage for playback. Curious to know why a firmware upgrade would be required to effect what is essentially software behavior?

My parents are 500mi away from me and the “have trouble” firmware reversion feature has been removed. Not trying brick their cameras with no remote recourse. Way too much other trouble reported beyond the trouble I’ve actually experienced with later firmware.

Thanks for listening, however. Hopefully the dev team is monitoring chatter.