New Beta App released on 8/14

the app always crashes after the recent update.
android version.

same problem

Try deleting the app and then installing the app again. All your settings are on the server so you won’t loose anything.

It will record an event and notice motion and everything but won’t show the video in the app

Apparently there is an issue and Wyze is working to resolve it.

1 Like

Interesting that also recordes to the SD card so you can watch what was recorded

Yes if have the setting turned on to record to the SD card it will. Either just events or you can set it for continuous recording.

Excuse me, I meant to say that you can see what you have recorded even though you can’t watch it live. Sorry for the confusion.

Gotcha!

Happens to me all the time. I have noticed that when it happens the camera has dropped out of HD mode. Resetting to HD and reviewing fixes it.

Ah, thanks, you’re right, I set to view all my cams at 360p to save bandwidth. Setting them at either HD or SD, thumbnails come back. Switching back to 360p mode, thumbnails gone, reverting back to icons … so definitely a bug not displaying thumbnails
when in 360p mode… Wyze, please fix…

Could you please send us the App log in Account -> Help & Feedback -> Report an issue when this happens again? Thank you very much.

You can already do this with IFTTT. I have all my outside bulbs set to go on at sunset. Try it out!

I am having the same problem with the 2.5.20 Beta version of the app. I cannot connect to v1 Wyze Cams. It just gets stuck on “3/3” and ultimately fails and says that is “cannot connect to camera”.

Hi Lee,

I am sorry you are also experiencing the issue. As i understand it they are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. Please stay tuned!

Now you see why I refused to hold my breath… no Wyze chime on the subject. :wink: :grin:

I am sure someone will it just does not happen as fast as we, and they, would like sometimes. :wink:

It sometimes gets dark enough in certain weather to want the lights to go on in a room when it’s not sunset time. A real darkness sensor would be useful.

Sorry about this confusion. We removed the Hardware Decoder setting because we are using the Android original decoder instead of the old one. and which kind of decoding (hardware, software) mechanism would work according to the system default setting.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

So… will this setting… or something similar… be added after they get things sorted out? Not sure about others… but there is a 5-10 second lag in the Live Feed without this setting on all my android devices.