New Beta App released on 8/14

[Update on 8/16] 2.5.21 released to Android Beta testers, we fixed the live stream issue on Wyze Cam v1.

Hi Beta testers,

We have some requested changes coming through in this beta update! We have edited Shortcuts to be referred to as Rules. Rules have shortcut, schedule, and device trigger options and will be easier to understand and implement. Additionally, schedules now have end times so you don’t have to make two schedules for an on/off action. We also improved the sharing function so that it’s easier to share your devices, revoke shares, and see who you shared with. Learn more in the release notes below.

We look forward to your thoughts!

iOS 2.5.35

• Redesigned automation for lifestyle optimization with shortcuts, schedules, and device triggers
  • Improved experience for sharing and managing shared devices
  • Added support for Wyze Sense Bridge in firmware bulk upgrade
  • Added product badges under Account tab
  • Added support for Wyze Plug

Android 2.5.20

• Redesigned automation for lifestyle optimization with shortcuts, schedules, and device triggers
  • Improved experience for sharing devices and managing shared devices
  • Added support for Wyze Sense Bridge in firmware bulk upgrade
  • Added product badges under Account tab
  • Added support for Wyze Plug
  • Fixed an issue that may cause mic permission use when the app is running in the background
7 Likes

Does this app require beta firmware?

1 Like

Nope. We don’t have new Beta firmware released now.

2 Likes

So all of these new features will work with existing updated cams?

Why only add multiple actions? I need multiple “when’s” too. When a sensor detect motion between these hours do this action.

4 Likes

We are working on adding time condition on device trigger now. Please stay patient, it will be coming soon.

10 Likes

I don’t get why when I install the beta app on a different device ,it screws up the public app on my other device

This is neat! Just added some combo Rules and Shortcuts. Will let you know! Seems to play nice with iOS 13 so far.

1 Like

I saw this line in the Beta announcement but do not see any product badges in the Account tab?

I am running iOS 13 Beta 6. And V2.5.35 of the Beta iOS app.

1 Like

On iOS this is because the devices are operating on the same account (Apple ID) I would assume Android is similar in that you are running both devices under the same account?

This (for me) is true of any of the betas I am participating in. At least on iOS if I download a beta app on my tablet (iPad) it will affect my iPhone as well. At least any app that runs on both form factors.

The Hardware Decoder setting is missing from this version as well. If Wyze is no longer going to support this setting… then the Wyze app is useless to me (and some other users as well I would imagine).

I am guessing this applies to the Android version? I have never seen the option on iOS. Is it possible to force the use of the hardware decoder at the OS level? Independent of the app?

Fantastic! Thank you.

The Hardware Decoder setting is under “Account/App Settings” on the Home screen in the Android app… My guess is that this is an app dependent setting… but just guessing.

Awesome! I really like the new Rules UI. It’s a huge improvement.

It would be great if you could eventually add sunrise/sunset times for the device location as triggers. If those sunrise/sunset triggers also had an “X minutes before/after” condition, I could get rid of all my current IFTTT applets!

I am guessing it was not removed inadvertently. Perhaps someone from Wyze will chime in with the why’s and wherefore’s of it. If not I would consider opening a support ticket on the issue.

V1 cameras will not stream live video with the latest update! Haven’t personally tested motion capture but another user on Reddit says that works okay.

Edit: hangs at “getting video 3/3”

A light sensing trigger would be great. When a camera goes into or out of night mode, it could send a trigger, so that a bulb could be turned on somewhere.

However, the bulb should not be close enough to the camera to switch it back to day mode, or it will get itself into a loop.

Have force stopped app, uninstalled/reinstall, and power cycled camera.

No change in behavior.

1 Like

I am having the same problems.

1 Like