New Beta App launched (2.3.60 on iOS and 2.3.62 on Android)

How do i get beta app for android

Sorry im new…so please accept my humble apologies in advance

Ok I will, but is there a link that I can keep an eye on current firmware release?

Also, Ive notice and posted in another thread that the motion detection for the beta app isnt working, Just wanted to make that aware.

Im also integrating this into Home Assistant and have noticed that A: the stream only. I can see this being a main driver in home automation and will make these cameras a staple if integrated right. Thanks guys!

I too have the same question, so no worries you are not alone on how to get the beta app… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry got disconnected

B: is there a specific place I can find the corrent firmware updates? I cant seem to find the link to the latest firmware for the beta updates. Clicking on the “Update” link really isnt good enought for me as I prefer to manually update so I know what im using.

and C: Ive had alot of repeated disconnects and drops. Sometimes it seems to drop the stream and still show a static image every 10 secs or so. other times I can get both the stream and an update image to display. and then sometimes its dead on both sides.

I know alot of this is software thats pulling from the camera but ive also tested with VLC and iSpy and can verify that the RTSP Signal drops after an indetermaniant period of time regardless of bandwidth or remote client interaction on a dedicated WLAN and VLAN. This can be seen in wireshark. Let me know if I can assist in anyway as im an IP Vet of 20+ years and have been working with Home Automation since X10

Crossposted

Mahalo!

2 Likes

The latest firmware and app for the beta updates Are listed here in the beta category .

Release notes for The public app and firmware Are here On the support page .
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000751451-Wyze-App

1 Like

Installed 2.3.62 Android client and I’m not seeing the new triggers for Wyze Sense in Shortcuts. Am I missing something?

The ones I’ve found are buried under
Create Shortcut → Automate (turn on) -->Automation–>Event–>Select Product

1 Like

I am on 2.3.62, when I click on a Alert notification to view the clip, all I get is a blank screen. It doesn’t take me to the video clip. I have go to the main app then to Events to view it.

I was just thinking, A quick fix for the stream drop until you can get a fix out would be to give us a Shortcut Automation for Regenerating the RTSP Link. Anytime the stream drops I just have to goto Advanced Settings> RSTP and then click on the Regenerate Link. If you could make that selectable in a Shortcut it would make things easier than having to login to each camera to do it. Thanks again and keep up the great work guys!

I am on this version, 2.3.62 and it appears that the app gets stuck when tapping on a notification to view the video clip. Also on another note, the app is also now showing that I don’t have an SD card installed so I cannot view locally stored video footage. There is in fact an SD card installed and have not had a problem with it until now.

Also, just noticed that there is a new option under Settings → Advanced Settings, just below Local storage for “Person & Vehicle Tagging” When trying to enable it, I receive a message that states: “Please upgrade firmware before using this feature” Is there a new beta firmware about to drop?

We’ve noticed the crash issue when playing the event video by tapping the notification. Will release a patch version ASAP. Sorry to any inconvenience.

1 Like

Updated to Android Beta 2.3.62 and had minor issue. Trying to use Playback, received no SD card in cam message (both v2 cams). Checked Local Storage and found Local recording turned off. Turned back on and was able to use Playback with no loss of video.

my ifttt now says no options found for cameras or sensors.

Loaded 2.3.62 -
Had a group of 2 contact sensors - no longer worked. Deleted the group they work individually.
Still getting “file does not exist” error when attempting to download time lapse.
Support ticket filed

Please ignore it temporarily, our next version will need your engagement to help us improve the accuracy of the Motion AI.

2 Likes