Ok, I upgraded my router a couple of weeks ago and have had major connection issues. I upgraded the router to ASUS RT-AX3000 the router that I had before and had 0 issues with TP-Link AC900.
What is happening Cams, Plugs, Bulbs, etc. keeps dropping in and out of the network and keeps going offline with the cloud symbol in the app. I then have to either go and Hard Restart the device by unplugging and plugging it back in and or if that doesn’t work reset the device and re-add it back in the app. Cams will show connected but when I go to look at the live stream it will sit there and spin and fail to connect or it will work one moment and then 5 mins later go look and it won’t let me connect and go offline and it will randomly rejoin back 5 to 10 min later.
I have read through all the forums and tried all likes of things. Here is a list of all the things I have tried
- Turned off Smart Connect
- Turned off Airtime Fairness
- Turned off Multi-User MIMO
- Turned off WIFI 6 protocols and settings
- Turned off any Beamforming
- Turned off MutliBand
- Tried setting a Control Channel
- Each device has a static IP assigned to it by MAC Address in the router to make sure there weren’t conflicts in DHCP.
- Firmware up to date on all devices from what the Wyze app tells me
- Firmware up to date in the router from what it says.
- Internet is ATT Fiber 1 Gbps Speeds and is the same internet that I had with the other router.
After doing all of this it has made the connection and reliability haven’t changed. I am not sure if I got a faulty router or what. IT friend I spoke to told me that it’s really rare that would happen and helped me with a lot of the suggestions above and I have lurked through Reddit and these forums and tried what I can find.
Here is a screenshot of my wifi 2.4Ghz settings
Please any help would be appreciated! I am thinking I will need to do an RMA on this router. Is anyone else having issues with their RT-AX routers?