Network Attached Storage (NAS)

EDIT 5/31/2019: As some of you may have already heard, MaxDrive has been cancelled due to the partnership falling through. We are still planning to have NAS capability in the future but that feature will be delayed after this. We’re sorry about this and we’ll keep you updated as we make progress on a new solution.

Best,

WyzeGwendolyn

Mod Edit:

2023-12-12 Wyze Team Update here: Network Attached Storage (NAS) - #550 by WyzeSteveM

1 Like

if you support this, can you reply to leave more information ?

1. Brand/Model of you NAS device ?
  2. Does RTSP work ? or do you need us to support other protocols?
6 Likes

Qnap TS-453B. Not sure what video storage protocols it uses but it seems quite robust. It also has FTP.

2 Likes

If it can work with youtube, it can work with anything.

1 Like
  1. I use a software RTSP recorder on a Mac MINI (openRTSP), so no actual NAS, though I am considering.

2. Open RTSP is probably the most widely used protocol. The only other I think that might be useful would be RTMP, but formwhat I understand it’s not as open as RTSP. There may be others, but I’m not really an expert on streaming protocols.

Using a custom built NAS but I have prior experience with several of the major big box NAS solutions

RTSP would work just fine for my purposes.

2 Likes

I also use the QNAP TS-453A. RTSP support would be great.

1 Like

WD MyCloud Home : WDBMUT0200JWT-NESN (I have two of these).
WD MyCloud Pro (PR4100):WDBNFA0400KBK-NESN

1 Like

Also a WD MyCloud Pro (PR4100)

1 Like

I have Mycloud, Mybooklive for NAS, FTP. However run a BlueIris server for my cams.

2 Likes

Don’t own a NAS device but would get one based on compatibility with Wyze. I’m interested in RTSP in order to integrate the Wyze cams with one of the popular RTSP enabled security systems. Nothing specific yet.

6 Likes

Not familiar with RTSP. Samba/CIFS would be great.

I have a qnap TS 228.

Synology

4 Likes

Netgear ReadyNAS 316, 526X

1 Like
  1. Synology
  2. RTSP works
2 Likes

I have a Qnap ts-251+ , already have a couple of cameras using the QVR software that comes with it. Works well imho, would love to have Wyze connected to it.
thanks

RTSP would be great.

1 Like

I use OpenMediaVault (OMV) as my NAS, and would love to record my video there so RTSP would be a great solution.

1 Like

Synology 418j

5 Likes

Synology DS1315+

4 Likes