Neptune Apex Fusion integration

This is the screen where you can integrate a camera into your dashboard.

I apologize is this the wrong place to post this.

BUT

As a hobby, I am into saltwater reef keeping. Within a very popular aquarium controller there is an option for a video feed. There is NO one device, manufacturer etc etc that provides this, but WYZE comes up often I the forums because its a less expensive, quality camera. Now currently WYZE can’t be integrated into the Dashboard for the controller. But there is definitely a market in this hobby for this integration. We often have many thousands of dollars in these systems and the ability to “see” the tank when we are away, is pretty important .

Is there a reason you can’t set up a Wyze Cam facing the tank and view it through the Wyze app? Yes, I understand that’s not quite as convenient as having it within the Neptune app. With all the integrations with major home automation systems that Wyze is doing and/or contemplating, I doubt you’re going to see this happen soon, if ever.

Loki,
Yeah that’s how it is observed now. I was instructed to place this suggestion in the forums by the instagram handler to see if it was an interest to others and have the Neptune community help support this, but since you say it’ll probably never happen you can delete the post.

No, Wyze is always open to suggestions, so no harm in leaving the post and seeing what kind of response it gets. I just didn’t want you to get your expectations up too high. I’ve moved this over to the #roadmap category so you and others can vote for it.

1 Like

The reason we would like it in Apex Fusion is because that is the dashboard where we can control many aspects of our tank. getting our Wyze cam feed on the dashboard would allow us to view our tank while changes are being made.

Currently the RTSP format is not accepted in fusion

1 Like

I am glad I found this forum I just about bought this on Amazon for my Neptune. Hope they can integrate in the future

Ran across this while looking into using a Wyze cam in Apex Fusion. Also ran across this post written by an expert about all things Apex: it’s a good read and has a great suggestion for Wyze: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?26391-Wyze-Cam-Integration&p=166534&viewfull=1#post166534

1 Like

It may not be the easiest thing to implement, but they could have a large community buying their camers for this single purpose. Might not be a bad idea for someone from Wyze to get on their forums and talk with them about a partnership,…just a thought.