Neighbors, like Ring (neighborhood watch)

Vote no as well.

we need to have a wyze comunity and link this up with NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH a live stream…

we need metal yard signs free with a community pack purchase… we need to be notified if someone in the community posts a porch bandit and have the local police upload

this is more effective and affordable than the other(RING)

1 Like

You don’t need a Ring product to view the info/videos in the Neighbors app. I’m not 100%, cause I haven’t had anything to uplaod, but I’m pretty sure you can upload with any video also. Might help to not have the Wyze watermark in the video though. Better to have more info through one app than having to use two for the same purpose.

You can upload any video or image, I don’t see why the watermark would matter, I would want more people in one app then fragmented

3 Likes

I would like to see an option in the Wyze app where users can generate alerts on a map for people around us to know there have been crime/suspicious activity, with the ability to include screenshots or Wyze video clip.? Ring has something similar, and I think this might would be another “draw in” to grasp more people to use the Wyze platform.

The only drawback to it is then you fragment the community with Ring people in one app and WYZE in another, I don’t own any Ring cameras but I upload WYZE videos to the Ring community app, that way there community stays in one app.

5 Likes

What exactly does it do?

The app posts various alerts and or video clips of crimes and suspicious activity in your neighborhood. A couple of local law enforcement agencies recently joined the app in my neighborhood to also inform and request any video footage or info if they might need it.

I hope Wyze doesn’t develop a “Fear Network” like ring did with their Neighbors app. People don’t report crime. Instead every individual on the sidewalk is suspicious or casing their property for future theft. That app is one of the reasons why I want to get away from Ring products.

Hello WYZE,

Just wondering if WYZE has or is thinking about a community share function? Some other “doorbell” type systems have this function. This may be helpful with sharing security type incidents which are occurring in a certain area.

Thanks WYZE for a great system.

Are you talking about a forum where you could share videos to like Rings Neighbors app? If you are talking sharing camera access with neighbors you can already do that. By the way anyone can join Ring Neighbors. I see Arlo, Blink, Wyze and other videos in Neighbors all the time.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, @mikewrang. I have moved your question to the relevant #wishlist thread. You can VOTE for it at the top-left. :slight_smile:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

2 Likes

Create a section within the app for both devices where wyze users can go in and notify other wyze users in your neighborhood of a recent crime. Also to create a spot withing the app to call the authorities in case of an emergency that would be linked to your address.

1 Like

I would love this!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Wouldn’t you want to know about ANY crime in your neighborhood? If my neighbor has a recent car prowler caught on his Ring device, I don’t care what device it’s on, I’d want that info getting to me and the rest of the neighbours. I don’t know how saturated my neighborhood is with Wyze gear other than they seemed to sell well at Home Depot down the street. I agree what @WyzeJasonJ mentioned above with fragmenting the community.

1 Like

To make a neigborhood app like ring for we can stay in contact with people who know wyze like right know that we need to stay in touch with people

Neighbors or communities
#wishlist
Where everybody within the same community or within the same 10 mile radius can share access if somebody broke into their house they can let everybody else know similar to what ring has is there anyway that you guys are going to make your own version of it

You can already do this with ring neighborhood , anyone with any brand camera can share it on ring neighborhood

2 Likes

What about, add a feature to the Wyze app, to let users participate in fighting crime, a button to enable showing nearby alerts from the Ring Neighborhood system. So that users who don’t have the Neighborhood app, or are not aware of it, will easily have the ability to watch the nearby suspicious activity videos or actual crime videos. And a button to upload your Wyze videos, or share access to your camera recording history, to the Ring Neighborhood system, to help law enforcement.

Create your own neighborhood network with your neighbors that are close to you. My neighbor across the street has a Ring and I use Wyze v3 cameras. We text each other videos and pictures of suspicious activity around our houses. If you get to know your neighbors, it is easy to assess which neighbors match your level of vigilance.

2 Likes