There appears to be no way on the support site to send a message to Support, or send an email. Maybe a Mod here can relay the issue or get me to the right place to open a support ticket. I don’t want to “chat” or call. I just want to report bugs.
Subject: Wyze App bugs on Tablets in Landscape Orientation
The Wyze Android app is a little wonky when run on tablets. I have some bugs to report.
Latest Wyze App version 2.19.14
First, I have three different brands of tablets, each with a different version of Android (7.1, 8, & 9), and the behavior I will describe is the SAME on all the tablets. So, I do not have an issue to troubleshoot on my end. The issue is with the App.
If the tablet is in Landscape orientation, the Wyze App has a personality crisis. Some screens revert to portrait orientation, and others revert to Landscape orientation.
- Starting with the tablet in Landscape, the app opens in Portrait.
- If I select a camera from the main app screen, the camera view switches back to Landscape (sometimes)
- If I go to camera settings, it flips to Landscape.
- If I select a section within camera settings, it flips back to Portrait.
This is a bad user experience. Your Software Engineers need to go through all the screens in the app and ensure that the orientation RESPECTS AND FOLLOWS THE ORIENTATION THAT THE DEVICE IS IN.
Next, there are some bugs in the camera options dialog. When in camera view, at the bottom of the screen there are controls for Sound, Record, Speak, Take Photo, and MORE
- If you select MORE, you get a pop up dialog with Motion Tracking, Pan Scan, Motion Tagging, Album, Time Lapse, and Turn off
– On a tablet in Landscape orientation, Motion Tagging and Turn off are missing from the dialog
Finally, there is a bug in the Events part of the app. If you view an event video and select the option at the bottom to share the event video with Wyze to improve AI, clicking yes should bring up a dialog to select among numerous options of what is in the video. However, on a tablet in Landscape mode the bottom two buttons (Cancel / Submit Results) is not visible at the bottom.
There are lots of little usability bugs like this in the app for tablet users. Please open a ticket to get these fixed in an upcoming app update.