Need Rule for Turning Plug Off After X Minutes Regardless of Start Time

We wanted to use a Wyze plug to control a Grundfos hot water recirculating pump to heat up our pipes prior to taking a shower. In our house, showers happen whenever. We want to turn on the plug whenever and have the plug turn itself off 5 minutes later regardless of the start time. If the plug doesn’t shut itself off, our hot water supply will be depleted and it will cost more electricity to raise the temperature in the tank.

So, what is missing from the Rule creation is an “on demand” start time. At the moment the start time is required and is not variable. Without this capability, we have to find another WiFi switch to control our hot water pump.

[Mod Note]: Your request was moved to this category as your request is satisfied by existing functionality.

Welcome to the Wyze community ckelley7. I deleted your cross-post and moved your request to this category. To accomplish your request, you need to create a Rule/Device Trigger as follows. Let us know if you need help creating this:

2 Likes

To implement the rule you illustrated above, I did the following:

1. Clicked on the plus sign on my Wyze iPhone app.
  2. At the Create Rule page, I selected Device Trigger
  3. I entered the Name “Turn Off Hot Water Pump”
  4. Under When, I clicked the Device Trigger +
  5. I got a page that said “There are no devices to support the smart scenarios”

I have a Wyze Plug model WLPP1CFH-1.

Please tell me which product I should have instead or provide more detail on how to create the rule with the product I possess.

I was able to create the rule after turning on the plug. When the plug is powered off, it will not be listed on the Device Trigger page. Your error message should say so.

After creating the rule and power cycling the Plug, the Plug turned off automatically after 5 minutes as expected.

Thank you for your advice.

1 Like

I’m glad you got it working. :+1:

Just FYI… This forum is primarily a user-to-user community. Forum Moderators and Forum Mavens are not Wyze employees. We are just fellow Wyze users who volunteer time to answer questions and help keep this forum running smoothly. Wyze employees are identified via “Wyze Team” following their forum user name.