Need more info on v3 accessories: Spotlight Kit and Outdoor Adapter

$9.99 each.

What is the Spotlight Kit?

Is the Outdoor Adapter required to mount the v3 outside?

2 Likes

I’m sure you can use the normal power adapter outside, but the USB interface on the plug is very vulnerable to allowing water in, so this is the solution to that.

2 Likes

Where did you find those?

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of this page.

1 Like

I’d like to order some V3 cameras but need the outdoor packs to go with them. How do I add them to my advance order?

I’m curious how the spotlight connects to the v3

Does Spotlight kit require an external power to operate or does it use USB (daisy-chain) port behind the camera?

Edit: Was USB (daisy-chain) port removed in v3 camera?

Source: Wyze Cam v3 | Wired Security Camera

Yes it was!
You can connect a V3 to the end of a V2 daisy-chain.
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050639072-Can-Wyze-Cam-v3-be-daisy-chained-from-a-v2-

Wait, without USB-A port on V3 camera, how do you connect Spotlight kit? Will it require an external power supply?
Is Spotlight Kit compatible with V2 camera by utilizing USB-A port as power source?

How many watts or lumens is the LED?

This setup may be exactly what I need for my b exterior.

@mpulsiv
I am just guessing here, but since there is no way to power anything off a V3, the power may go into the spotlight then chain to the camera. The only way I can think of that it could work.

@Duckieho
They have not released anything about it yet so it is unknown at this point

3 Likes

Many already have a power source available with our motion activated floodlights from Costco. We just need an outside usb power supply to wire up to it. It seems to me that a wyze V3 is a perfect complement to the costco motion activated floodlights.

What really is the point of the special USB cord? If you mount the camera outdoors without the special plug will water actually get in or is this just for extra protection?

Can we get a wishlist for the V3 accessories or even recognize that bugs are an issue and WHY we really don’t want another source of bug attraction that we all suffer through with V2’s

Why is is mounted on or near the camera?. Why is it not standard with a 6’ or more cord?..why would I want to attract more bugs to my camera?.

I currently use an aftermarket INFRARED spot light from a nearby receptacle about 6’-10’ away from the camera as a bait trap for false detections/bugs. This is a huge plus as I can turn off night vision on the V2’s and the spotlight gets assaulted.

The true option from Wyze would be to have a minimum of 6’ power cord from Spotlight that backfeeds to the V3 to cut down on false detections yet lights up the intended detection zone as an ally to intended desires of users who need less false positives.

It wouldn’t be hard to fabricate a simple Velcro cord wrap for cable management if the user only needed 4’ or even as little as 24” from camera

2.5yrs as a user and I need a spotlight that highlights areas where TARGETS would seek cover from detection, rather than a mosquito and moth attractant to my camera wasting my time.

Wyze added spotlight support in the latest v3 firmware update. Where’s the info on spotlight?

The image for the outdoor adapter has changed.

1 Like

Following as Brenda posted "Today at 10:57
Yes! An outdoor power adapter is available for purchase.

As per the below also but I guess it’s not Live Yet

Does the v3 have an outdoor power adapter?

Does Wyze Cam v3 have other accessories available?

Wyze Cam v3 Tech Specs

Spotlight was just released on the Wyze website! Available for $9.99
https://wyze.com/wyze-cam-v3-spotlight.html

Maximize your Wyze Cam v3 by adding a spotlight.

The v3 Spotlight Kit attaches to the Wyze Cam v3 so that you can illuminate the surrounding area. This allows you to always see a color image regardless of ambient lighting conditions, making it a must have for medium and darker areas. The spotlight can be triggered by motion or by schedule.

Functionality

• Toggle on and off manually using the Wyze app.
  • Automate using Rules in the Wyze app.
  • Switch between low and high brightness levels.
  • Control with 3rd party integrations such as IFTTT.
  • Use Cases.
  • Turn on the light automatically when motion is detected using Rules.
  • Automatically turn on the light at night using Rules for better visibility, then automatically turn it back off.
  • Use low brightness for enhanced indoor use, then bring your cam outside and switch to high brightness for enhanced outdoor use.

Tech Specs

• Lumens: 70 lumens
    • Angle: 130 degrees
    • Power supply: 5V 1A
    • Dimension: 21.555.834.4mm
    • Connection: Micro USB
    • Rating: IP65
    • Number of LEDs: 5
    • Light temperature: 4000-5000K
    • Operating conditions: -4°F to 131°F (-20°C to 55°C)
    • Warranty: 1 year

In the Box

• Spotlight
    • USB cable splitter

1 Like