Need help remotely getting PanScan cam back online remotely after power outage!

After an armed home invasion (where they disarmed our cameras), we put up more regular Wyze cams and one PanScan cam at the garage. While out of town, the PanScan is showing up on my iPhone/iPad as “offline”, but all the other cameras are fine. I looked up “Events” and saw the cameras were all recording just fine until the afternoon when the PanScan’s position had changed (it seems to have rotated 180 degrees) and it started recording a lot of “events” that were just tree branches moving in the breeze, grrrr… According to the time stamps, that went on for about an hour then nothing and the icon on my camera list says it’s “offline”. A neighbor said there was a brief power outage yesterday, but that didn’t affect the other Wyze cams. Is there something I can do remotely to get that sucker back online so we can watch for the “bad guys” while we’re away? We don’t have anyone that can do any “hands on” work to this camera while we’re gone. Help!

You can add a smart plug that you plug the camera power adapter into. That way you can remotely reboot the camera even if you loose access to the camera in the app. You can even set the smart plug to go to the on state after a power failure

1 Like

Need help now. Don’t have the ability to add equipment from a distance.

1 Like

Ah, sorry, I was thinking for the future. I don’t know of any way to do if you can’t access it. If your WiFi router has remote admin access, you could try rebooting that to see if it reconnects to the camera, but that’s all I can think of.

1 Like

Thinking out loud, what happens if you try to restart the device?

1 Like

Been trying, but it’s still playing dead. It does have power to it.

Thanks, though…, Raym64

This happened to me yesterday. 3 of my cameras went offline and haven’t come back.
I am able to reset my router and wi-fi remotely. I even have a wireless plug on my wi-fi extender, which is awesome, but not on my cameras. All other devices are up and running as expected. It is unfortunate that only way to fix this is to be physically there with the camera to reset it.
This may have been suggested before, so sorry if a repeat… It would be great if the cameras had an optional “away” setting where they will automatically restart themselves if they have lost wi-fi connection for a configurable period of time.