Need continuous or scheduled oxygen test on Wyze Watch

You really need an option to turn on continuous or scheduled oxygen test on wyze watch. Really want to monitor blood oxygen level while sleeping.

If you like it vote for it.

6 Likes

This is 100% why I bought this watch. Super sad the option isn’t there… I don’t care if my battery life is affected. I’m ok charging daily if needed to have this feature. #voted

8 Likes

That is also why I bought the watch. That is what they advertised on the order page which states " Your Blood Oxygen Level Right on Your Wrist A drop in blood oxygen saturation is one of the earliest signs of serious health risks. A crystal glass casing and a pair of infrared LED clusters keep it measured 24/7 on your wrist." Even if the battery drain is substantial it would be nice to turn it on to have it monitor all night long even if the battery fully drains in one night.

7 Likes

Just voted for this one. I thought I was configuring things wrong. But from what I’ve read it sounds like there isn’t a constant/periodic monitoring of blood02 or pulse. I suppose I have the ability to check both 24/7 but I understood that to mean it would do it automatically.

I don’t need it to constantly monitor by default but it’d be nice to be able to set it to check every hour or every 15 min, etc.

Only had the watch on for about a day now so till playing around with it. Overall I still like it!

3 Likes

I’d love to see the watch monitor hr and Spo2 on a preset interval. This would be similar to the band functionality but add Spo2. If I have to push button I’ll forget and then I wouldn’t get an accurate graph at the end of the day. I am willing to sacrifice battery life for this feature.

Also making sure it sync with google fit would be a great bonus. Sync is currently buggy at best and completely inoperable at worst.

3 Likes

I’d like to be able to schedule the Heart rate and O2 sensor readings, so I can log my O2 levels as I sleep.

Would be awesome if the sample rate could be set by the battery drain slope, so you can dial in your acceptable run time till a recharge is needed.

3 Likes

I was surprised after my first week to see only a smattering of O2 and heart beat readings. Then I realized it was only recording that info when I was personally tapping the button. Would love to have a 15 minute or hour schedule even if it meant the watch would need more regular charging.

5 Likes

I would like a feature you schedule Heart rate checks and blood oxygen readings

4 Likes

Perhaps Wyze decided not to add periodic readings for O2 as it is not accurate enough, or people would use a $20 watch to determine their health instead of going to a doctor with potentially life threatening issues. To think you are getting an accurate assessment of your health with a $20 device may be a bit far fetched. Getting some general information is probably more like it.

it is close enough to the finger tip sensor my Doctor uses during checkup exams, the real value here is the ongoing recorded pattern of peaks and dips.

1 Like

Don’t compare the cost of the instrument to the accuracy or precision of the instrument. An accurate thermometer can be had for $5.

2 Likes

This has a display, O2 and pulse monitors, higher end microprocessor, charger all for $20. They lost money on these based on component costs and will be surprised if they come back in any great quantity. They sell for $200 plus by others for a reason.

the finger clip sensor I have does all this minus the watch functions and sells in the same price class. never underestimate what the order of scale does for cost reductions, what time can do for packing features into software and corporate greed for marking up the cost of everything into the stratosphere!

I like idea of scheduled blood oxygen monitoring. My concern is while I’m sleeping. And yes you shouldn’t use it to diagnose, but if it can help to point out any trends. If it’s a feature, why not be able to schedule like heart rate.

2 Likes

If the was the selection to have the Blood Oxygen (O2) to run in the
background 24hrs ( same as the Heart Rate).

The Wyze watch has the Heart Rate count. You can select to have it run
in the background to give you your 24hr Heart Rate.

My Dr really liked that feature (Heart Rate), I sure the Blood Oxygen feature
would be liked the same.

I sure do like the sleep monitor. One of the First things I check in the morning !

1 Like

yes I would gladly accept a shorter run time between recharging for continuous O2 monitoring.

3 Likes

Same here, it’s why I bought the watch.
The watch has all the hardware you can ask for, but the software functionality is incredibly limited. It reminds me of the Tesla software update that reduces the performance of the cheaper car that’s physically the exact same vehicle as the expensive car.
It would be so easy to just add some very basic functions to make this watch incredible.

2 Likes

I would love to have periodic 02 reading especially during sleep. How do I vote for this? I want to make sure this gets extra attention. Thank you

4 Likes

vote for this if you have not already!

1 Like