My Wyze lock won't stay calibrated

Is anyone else running into this issue?

• I turn on trash mode to go outside and walk the dog or just go outside and not bring my phone.
  • I am outside longer than i have the alarm set for and the alarm goes off.
  • I lock thinks the door is open. If i open and shut the door the lock still reports open.
  • If i close the door and manually lock the door it still reports open and locked.
    I am calibrating the lock every other day because of this. Why cant the lock recognize it is closed after the alarm sounds?

Yes, I too have been having this problem. I have reported it here last month.
Still unresolved.

1 Like

What is trash mode?

2 Likes

Trash Mode is a mode that when turned on will allow you to rotate the lock open and closed a few times (unsure of the exact count but it will beep when done) will make it so that the lock will not auto lock until the door has been opened and closed a second time. This allows you to do something like take out the trash without worrying if the lock will auto lock before you get back.

A waste of development time. When we have products that are existing that still aren’t functioning correctly. A Wyze team member locked himself out so they have to add a feature to the lock for him.

I am having the calibration issue and it won’t recalibrate…pending ticket response.

Got the lock to centralize my smart home eco-system, but with reoccurring issue…plan to reinstall my August lock. Never had any issues there.

Welcome to the club. Quite a few of us with the persistent calibration issues and yet still no clue on cause or improvement from the Wyze team. After my 3rd replacement I said screw it and just had the thing refunded. It’s far from being a consumer-ready unit in my eyes and definitely doesn’t live up to the performance or reliability of my Nest x Yale lock w/ keypad or August lock.

Had the same problem trying to recalibrate. I did it again by not physically shutting the door, just leave it open, and going thru the steps without moving the door. It then said success. I then shut the door and everything worked as it should except the Auto-Unlock which I have not had any consistent success with the Auto-Unlock (works occasionally but rarely) and I am on my 2nd lock as first was replaced.

I called it quits today, submitted a return request, and reinstalled my August Lock. I am back in my happy place.

Installed my August, with the door sense, two days ago and am back in my happy place as well.

Is the Wyze lock yet another licensed hardware piece with their own software. and doing Beta testing on the general public with a [supposed] “GA” product ? Just curious.

Essentially. It’s the Lockin Smart Lock E1, Wyze is the “Exclusive Partner” in North America. Physically it’s the exact same, with the exception of it being branded “Wyze with LockIn”. From the app images on the Lockin website, it looks like the UI is pretty dang close to the Lockin UI, just with Wyze branding.

For me, the lock never obeyed rules as set up in the app-it would randomly push notifications, it would randomly lose its calibration and sometimes it would all of a sudden decide it wanted to work again and would start sensing open/close, other times it would just stay like that indefinitely or until I re-calibrated. I went through 3 replacements and all had the same issues. I sent numerous pictures, logs, and had phone calls with Jonathan and nobody could ever tell me why the lock loses calibration and won’t determine if it’s opened or closed. Not enough reliability for me to want to keep such a faulty piece of hardware on such an important part of the house.

Thanks for the detailed answer. I’ve read the horror stories, over and over, about the locks …

And as such, I’ll not consider the purchase… for us, personally, it’s worth spending the extra cash on reliable piece of mind, and not have to worry, “is the lock gonna stay locked”

“You get what you pay for”, as they say…

1 Like

As with the rest and other tickets I submitted on this…I too have a lock calibration issue. Logs submitted and ticket is 16969

1 Like

Yikes, the lock is flaky too? I did not know that. (I just have cameras, bulbs, and some sensors and plugs I haven’t tried yet.)

1 Like

Hi Jonathan,

I’m having the same issue. I submitted ticket 21146 regarding the constant recalibration. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Trevor

Jonathan, the ticket ID is 21318.

This lock refuse to successfully calibrate. Takes me through all the steps then says it was unsuccessful. What is the fix for this?

Same problem. Just bought a Wyze Lock earlier this month, after seeing on Reddit that the “constant re-calibration issues were a thing of the past”. Did I ever shoot myself in the foot. I’m an AirBnB host so a reliable lock is really important. I thought I was making a smart choice by opting for Wyze instead of Yale or another more reputable manufacturer. I can’t believe this product is still on the shelves over a year after these chronic issues were reported. This should be recalled.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, my log is 165210 but I don’t see how anyone can help, since this is clearly a problem with the entire product line and not just my particular lock.