My Wyze lock won't stay calibrated

MY Wyze lock won’t stay calibrated. If I recalibrated every time it says I should I would have to do it several times a day.
It is frustrating at the least, but it could be dangerous from a security point of view, especially if you use the Auto Unlock setting.

Is anyone else having this problem?

What should I do?

2 Likes

Are you not have any issues with calibration but I know some have. So maybe some people will come in and show me to give you some advice I’ll also tag the mavens and
@mavens

Hello @dr.stone.3,

Do you mind submitting a feedback log from your Wyze Lock’s setting page > Device info > Submit a log? Once you do, please let me know the feedback log number and I will follow up with you once I know the cause of the issue.

1 Like

The ticket ID is 4054.

Thank you. I have received your feedback log.

Also, we just released 2.9 Wyze app for iOS. I recommend updating your Wyze app to the latest version.

1 Like

I have updated the app. The lock continues to require frequent recalibration.

Tom Stone

1 Like

Hello @dr.stone.3,

Thank you for the update. We are still investigating the calibration issue.

Regards,

1 Like

Same issue suddenly tonight. I can’t keep my lock, locked. All users are in the house. Asleep on east coast. I’m up relooking/calibrating my lock over and over. About to uninstall.

1 Like

Uninstall, go to bed, get some sleep. take care of it tomorrow. believe me you’ll be happier in the morning. I went through this for a month with my first lock.

Just wanted to add I too am experiencing this. I need to recalibrate the lock just about every other day.

3 Likes

Hello @RobNelson,

What is the issue you are experiencing with your Wyze Lock? Is your Wyze Lock auto-unlocking on its own? Or are you unable to lock the Wyze lock physically?

Regards,

1 Like

Yes Jonathan I can lock it manually. It will just manually unlock on it’s own. I have recalibrated it several times.

Not sure what to do. I want to say it unlocked, locked, and unlocked again over night probably 10-12 times.

1 Like

Any other thoughts here Jonathan? Had multiple lock/unlocks over night again. Woke up with my door unlocked.

There are THREE FOUR separate active threads about Wyze locks randomly unlocking. This is obviously not a one-off issue.

If it were me, for safety / security reasons, I’d install the original deadbolt. Or buy a reliable lock from Nest or Kwikset (we use), ad nauseam.

I am still having the problem of having to recalibrate frequently. I don’t have a problem with the door un-locking because I don’t have it set to unlock automatically. I don’t trust it not to unlock randomly. I do have a problem of it not locking automatically, because I do have it set to lock automatically.

The software update didn’t help.

Tom Stone

1 Like

I am averaging a re-calibrate every 2 days. The lock seemingly jams on its own and without a good turn will not unlock. The other issue I have is the lock constantly says its open when its locked and the alarm will go off even if the door is closed and locked. Time to submit a ticket.

I have to recalibrate 2 to 3 times a day. There is nothing wrong with the deadbolt lock itself, it is the Wyze Lock. The deadbolt slides into and out of battery easily. The Wyze Lock just won’t lock it automatically when the door is closed .

There may be some incident or activity with triggers the fault but I don’t know whether that is the case.

3 Likes

I had a similar problem and ended up getting two replacements to try and fix the issue, but it still persists. I have NO clue, neither do the engineers, as to why this happens. My current one now ends up fixing itself after a day or two of saying the door is open and just magically reverts back to normal calibration-again, nobody has any clue why this happens.

Mine is going back for a refund because I’m sick of dealing with it.

4 Likes

The Wyze lock I have installed is driving me nuts. I have to calibrate it every 2-3 days. Very annoying. Anyone else having same issue?

6 Likes

Many are unfortunately. I’d start a support ticket