My Wyze devices cannot connect to the Alexa devices . I have tried several times to reconnect but the Alexa cannot find any of my wyze devices

My Wyze devices cannot connect to the Alexa devices . I have tried several times to reconnect but the Alexa cannot find any of my wyze devices .

I have the same problem with my Alexa too.

Have you tried this ?
Also ask alexa to descover my devices

4 Likes

May I suggest that you make this information available as a sticky. I had to hunt for this information again today. The breach sure has caused a lot of grief for the Wyze community. So far, my email account seems safe… for now. I hope it stays that way I can’t be changing to another email account. I have had the same one since 2001.

One of the moderators or admins would have to do that.

@moderator… Wouldn’t this thread make for a useful sticky?? :thinking:

This is just basic Amazon stuff not necessarily wyze related

Down here too. Reenable does not fix it!

My inbox has blown up with phishing emails since this started! Claiming to be from banks and from Amazon. I forward them to the bank and Amazon fraud departments without opening them.

I have not had the first phishing email… yet. I hope it stays that way too.

Obviously you need to have the wyze skill in Alexa.
Steps I would take would be progressively more aggressive.
1 obviously, disable and re-enable skill.
2 unplug devices, reconnect after 1 minute, run discovery in alexa.
3 unplug router for 1 minute for full reboot, do the same if you have managed switches, repeat 1 & 2
4 Some providers have intermediate signal convertors, if you have that, perform a reboot (with back up battery unplugged) , bounce router & managed switches at same time, repeat 1 & 2
5 Hard stop alexa, clear cache & memory, repeat 1. repeat 2.
6 Hard Stop Wyze, clear cache & memory, rediscover wyze devices, repeat 1 & 2

Good luck

Having the same issue. Have 2 Wyze Cam V2, can access both cameras from the Wyze app, Alexa linked, but when trying to Discover Device from Alexa app, keeps coming back not found. Latest firmware loaded.