My Wyze Cam V3 died in the rain

Hello @AnnWithAPlan and Others.
AnnWithAPlan I am not sure what you are referring to, the window mount V3 camera custom-aimed support or the cord anchor? Both are mounted with double-sticky tape.

The white tape in the photo below is DUCT brand with a foam core, it is used to attach the cord anchor. The red roll of tape is Scotch Brand VHB (very high bond), it is used for the camera support. The VHB tape has a mastic core that provides a very strong bond that can result in damage to the plastic camera support or worse the window when trying to remove it. I apply isopropyl alcohol with an eyedropper along the top edge of the tape to try and loosen it. If that isn’t working fast enough I switch to a homemade tape saw, I have three types to choose from.

The frame saw was made with a scrap piece of plywood cut to a frame shape and the metal cutting strip from a waxpaper roll.

This one is made from a monofilament fishing line.

The last saw is made from a piece of plastic banding that can be found in the trash cans of big-box building supply stores. I used a bench grinder to shape the blade tooth pattern.

If you or your son-in-law are interested in a camera holder like the one in the post you questioned, check out the folder linked below:
Master Sq Tube Glare Shield Folder
This folder contains over a hundred STL files of the typical aiming directions in 5° intervals, left-right, and down-up combinations. The folder also contains STL files for the four different styles of cord anchors and other useful print or support documents.

If you don’t want to be restricted to camera supports with Mod 5° directions, calculate and then print your own custom aim angle support at this link:
Create Your Own Custom Window Mount Sq Tube Glare Shield Drawing
The above link is for the style of the camera support shown below:
Overall Setup Group

This last link is for my recient submittlal to use a full section V3:
Create A Custom Window Mount Full Section V3 Tube Glare Shield
Below is a picture of one in use:

The file are available to any who wants to see or print them.

Let me know if you need more information.

Victor.

1 Like