My Thoughts on the Wyze Watch 47

I recently bought a Wyze Watch on Amazon after my Wyze Band fell on the ground and part of it broke. Well anyway, I’ve been curious about the watch, but never really excited about it, due to the features the band has in comparison to the watch.

Well anyway, I like the bigger display of course, but here are some things I hope Wyze addresses:

1. When you use “Other” apps as notifications, it has the word “Other” in big letters, which is pretty annoying. It’s really unnecessary. If it said “Slack” in big letters, that would be great. But why do I need to see “Other” at the top for Samsung Pay, Nest, Amazon, etc? There’s no real point to it. Just remove the whole word “Other” completely. The Wyze Band doesn’t even do that when you use “Other Apps”.

2. Why do all the watch faces look like something I would see on my 12 year-old stepson’s watch? They don’t really have any cool manly watch faces. I’m not even one of the manliest men there is, but even I realize this could be improved. Also why not cool Digital/Analog watch faces like you see on real watches? Something that will make you feel like an adult and not like a kid who just bought his very first watch? In all the promo pics, they had a cool black watch face that was analog and digital, yet that’s no where to be found as an option.

Also, if they make a version 2 of this watch, please include all the features the band has next time.

2 Likes

This is what I did to get past the poor watch face selection. You can make a custom watch face. This is a vacation photo of a beach house we rented in Hawaii:

2 Likes

On my watch 47 the other application works just fine,we have no issues at all $35.00 it does alot and it’s so cheap,compared to my apple watch.

This comes down to a mismatch of expectations. It’s a $30 watch. It’s not designed to give you everything a premium smartwatch would give you. If you’re needing more features, you’ll probably need to look elsewhere.

It is a $20 dollar watch with a lot of smoke and mirrors. High promises and crap support. Honestly they should have upped their game and made a better more supported product than this durable joke of a “smart watch” 1 update in a year is pathetic in the modern era of electronics.

That wasn’t the problem. The problem was that it didn’t even give me the features it was offering correctly. Like I said, notifications on the band are better. On the Wyze Watch it would say “Other” and be confusing where the notification was coming from. The reason I got it was because the band broke and I thought the watch would essentially be the band (minus Alexa) with better execution…but it wasn’t.

I’m not one of these guys who just complain about Wyze. I’ve backed Wyze for years and enjoy the stuff they get right, but it’s nothing wrong with admitting when they didn’t do well at something. Wyze used to be known for ALL their products being BETTER in some way than the higher end products (and not just by price). Now it’s like we have some good stuff like the cameras and lock, but some of the other stuff seems to be there just to give them more products to sell.

Just so you know, I got tired of the Wyze Watch, though, and just bought a Galaxy Watch 4. So yeah, I just went ahead and got what was needed to get the job done and, for me, that’s notifications. Notifications mean the most to me than anything else. Not accurate health stats, steps, not even so much smart home control…but something simple as just notifications. When I’m out doing my hectic job, I just want to be able to see if my wife is sending me a notification from Slack or being able to receive a group SMS message that may be important. Simple stuff. Nothing high end about it. But, of course, I do enjoy all the other high-end features that the Galaxy Watch 4 does offer!

1 Like

Nice work, I like the way the time and date is formatted.

1 Like

It took me a few tries to get that just right. :slight_smile: