My lock is unlocking randomly with Auto Unlock turned off!

So my lock is unlocking (and sometimes locking) randomly without a request through the app or movement from my phone (I was sitting about 20 feet away from the front door for about 15 minutes, it unlocked and then locked 10 min later). I did not move from the chair, and my Auto Unlock and auto lock features HAVE BEEN TURNED OFF. This has happened three times now, and the other two times it did not lock itself afterwards, the door was simply unlocked in the morning. My lock battery level is 35%.

Is anyone else experiencing random unlocking with Auto Unlock and auto lock turned off???

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, except I had the auto unlock feature turned on. I was sitting in the same room as the door with the lock on it when it randomly unlocked. The 10 minute auto relock feature worked, but then a few minutes later it unlocked again. It relocked after another 10 minutes, and I turned the auto unlock feature off after that.

I haven’t had the issue since then, but I’d like to be able to turn that feature on. I submitted a log, but I’m still waiting to hear back from Wyze support.

1 Like

There is constant mention that Wyze is NOT a security company.

Why would anyone trust this lock for an external door?

Hello @gallacher.benjamin, @Badwolf1, Are you still experiencing the issue? This definitely should not happen. Are you the only user account on the Wyze Lock. Are you currently sharing the lock with anyone else? If this issue is still happening, please alert me and submit a log so I can investigate what is going on.

Hello @YourImaginaryFriend, what is your log ticket number? I will take a look at the log. Random unlock can happen when the geolocation data transmitted from Google Map or Apple Map start to drift in and out of the geofence area. We have added new measures to mitigate this issue. When was the last time this happened?

To my knowledge that’s the only time it’s happened (5/28/2020), but I didn’t go back to far into the locks history logs to see if there were other occurrences.

On a side note, when the auto unlock feature works for me, it always turns my Bluetooth off after the lock unlocks. I’m using the beta app for Android (v2.11.37).