My event recording not working

my event recording will not work. I have gone to the advance setting and made sure that my software is updated. what now?

Are you referring to cloud event recording or recording to the SD card in event only mode?

Reference:

There are three kinds of recording available in the Wyze app:

1. Cloud motion/sound event: These are enabled in the camera settings (gear icon) > Event Recording. Also make sure that the Detection Zone under Detection Settings is not missing the area of motion. These are played back in the Events tab. (With the addition of a CMC subscription to a camera, cloud motion events for that camera will lack the 5-minute cooldown period, and will be the entire length of the movement detected by the camera)
  2. microSD card recording: This is enabled in Advanced Settings > Local Storage and can be set to continuous or event only recording. This is played back by pressing the View Playback button on the live stream. This is completely independent from #1.
  3. Record button on live stream or playback: This saves to your phone’s camera roll or gallery, in real time, whatever is being played in the live stream or view playback. Note that it isn’t available when playing cloud events. It is viewed by tapping More and then the Album button, or by leaving the Wyze app and viewing the Wyze album in your phone’s photos or gallery app. This type of recording ceases when you leave the Wyze app.

More info on setting these up can be found in the Support Site.

The 12-second cloud stored clips and the SD card storage are separate and independent. They are set up and viewed in different areas of the app.

For the SD card storage, go to the camera settings, then Advanced Settings > Local Storage. That is where you set the SD card to record continuously or event-only (1 minute segments).

To view the SD card recordings, don’t tap the Events tab in the app. That is only for the cloud clips. Instead, tap the View Playback button on the live stream view. How you’ll see a timeline under the video frame so you can go back in time. You can also remove the card from the camera and view or download the 1-minute video files on a computer.

Here are some help pages from the Support site:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/sections/360004966992-Wyze-Cam-Features

2 Likes

I followed all of the instructions for setting up motion detecting. I even set up the motion zone and had my son run around. I received zero notifications, which are also setup. I went on the cloud option to see any recordings and there aren’t any.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the forums! Didn’t see this earlier, what type of camera are you working with? And confirming, event recording AND notifications are enabled?