My Echo Show Gen 1 will not show my cams now

All of a sudden, every time I ask Alexa to show a cam that has worked fine for months, I get a stupid response something like “Hmm, I don’t know that one”. I have tried a full factory reset on the Echo device as well as deleting and resetting up all of the cameras in the Alexa app on my phone. All of my cameras are working fine on the Wyze app and the Tinycam app. The Alexa app also shows all cameras are connected and active.

Any suggestions on what might be the problem? Thanks for any help.

Try to disable and then enable the Wyze skill for Alexa in the Alexa app. That usually fixes the issue.

Well I am not sure that doing that fixed it or if something has changed with Alexa’s response to show a cam. Used to be that all I had to say was “Alexa, show porch cam” and that worked. Now, I have to say “Alexa, show the porch cam” instead but at least it is working again. Thank you for reminding me of that reset procedure. :+1:

I have always prefaced a camera name with “the” so I honestly can’t say the other way ever worked for me.

I did try by saying “Alexa, show Back Deck” and she replied she does not know how to do that, where my normal “Alexa, show the Back Deck” works as I expected.

But as I say not sure if that is new behavior since I have always used the more verbose approach.

My ES1 has done both at times. I still have some connected devices that do not require using the word “the” in the command. It may be a learning thing with it. Since I did a factory reset, it may take a while to see if I can go back to the simpler command.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

No worries and good luck! :call_me_hand:

Well that confirms it. Amazon has been up to no good. See:

Every time I see that Amazon is updating my Echo Show Gen 1, it always is something that is detrimental to the functions of the unit. I wish there was a way to stop the automatic updates and maybe even be able to revert back to older firmware settings when things worked better. Amazon just does not know when to leave things alone much less listen to their customers who request or suggest new features on these.