My door cam 2

I do not recommend this product to anyone i purchased my camera and now i have to pay a monthly fee to get it to record video and save it to my sd card. So to me these products are crap.

Welcome to the forums!

The cameras local storage (SD card) recording function have always been free with the exception of the SD card purchase.

The cloud storage services has recently changed to a few different offerings. One offering is CamPlusLite, that offers 12 second cloud clips that are saved for 14 days. CamPlusLite is a pay what you want, so you can choose what you want to pay, including $0. Here is a video which details that.

The cloud storage and local storage functions are seperate and Independant of eachother. You can have one, both or neither running on your camera at anytime.

Edit/. Battery operated cameras have a different local storage function than plugged in cameras.

2 Likes

A note: the event tab shows cloud recordings, not your SD recordings.

If you want to record to the SD in you battery powered outdoor cam set it for scheduled event recording, set for 30 days, no cooldown, video type (Motion), duration of each video up to a maximum of 5 minutes. The WCO version one or two was never designed to record to the SD unless you are doing scheduled recording. You can do scheduled continuous recording but your battery will be dead in about 8 hours.

1 Like