My dog is now using my wyzecams!

Recently my wife drove from our home in Las Vegas to visit her mom in San Francisco. While she was gone, a friend of ours passed away from Covid-19.

He left all his “stuff” to his girlfriend who is also a friend of ours. She offered us some amazing housewares and had arranged for a truck to deliver the stuff to me here in Las Vegas.

I have a landline phone and a cell phone here in Vegas but I unplug the land line at night because the telemarketers and a-holes start calling at 8:00a.m. and I like to sleep till 10 or 11:00 am.

On the delivery date, my wife and our friend were trying to call me at around 9:00 a.m. which is WAAAYYY to early for me. When they couldn’t reach me by cell phone my wife tried the land line (hoping I’d forgotten to unplug it the night before).

Of course, that didn’t work either and the delivery truck was getting closer to my home. So, my dog sleeps in the same room as I do. Anyway, my wife decided to try calling the dog using the WYZE Cam.

I felt the dog jump off the bed and then she started barking and ran out of the bedroom. She returned moments later and was barking non-stop. I figured she needed to go outside and go poddy so I got out of bed and walked to the other side of the house so I could let the dog out.

When I got to the outside door the dog would NOT go out. Instead she just sat in the middle of the living room, looking at me.

All of a sudden I hear my wife’s voice talking to me via the speaker in the WYZE cam in that room. It took me a couple of seconds to realize that my wife’s voice was talking thru the camera. I asked her what was going on and she said the delivery truck would arrive any moment so I should get dressed and answer the door. She also told me to turn my phone on…which I did.
SUMMARY: When my wife and our friend couldn’t reach me by phone my wife tried calling the dog via the WYZE cam and it worked!!!

I hope you can use this “unique application” in your forums. Unfortunately I couldn’t figure out how to post it myself.

Thanks and “WOOF!”

Djdrum4u

8 Likes

Cool story!:+1:

It seems to be posted properly in the correct area. Was there another place you thought it should be?

Poddy?

Great story @djdrum4u :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you!

That’s pretty cool. My dog uses the Wyze cam also, but in a different way. We have a wall mounted tablet that displays our front yard 24/7. The living Room is in the back of the house. The dog watches the monitor a lot and when she sees someone like an Amazon delivery person walking up to the door, she runs through the house to the door barking.

4 Likes

That’s hilarious!

:smile: