My cams are useless

@Seapup Can you confirm you do not know of a public apk archive or android 6 apk?

You linked a couple places earlier and it sounded like there might have been one, but I dug in and could not find one from your references and I don’t want anyone else to go on a wild goose chase if they don’t have to.

I did find this thread, where we can “vote” that we want something like that:

I’ve voted, for whatever that’s worth, and I’d hope the rest of you do too if you agree.

I want to know that I can put a cam on the wall, and buy a tablet today to watch said cam, and glue it to the wall too, and that if I use both of them for nothing else, they will work the way I bought them, until one of them physically breaks.

I think that is also the expectation of the consumer too. Ask your neighbor. Ask your family.

If that means I have to forfeit updates on both devices, fine. If that means they won’t “be secure”, that’s my decision to make and nobody else’.

To implement this, any time an “UPdate” or “UPgrade” reduces compatibility (arguably not an upgrade then), there should be a clear explanation given to the user on a warning screen, and an option not to be bugged about updating ever again if they decide not to accept it.

I could easily imagine the EU creating something like this. Because of them, the whole world basically gets GDPR protections. Maybe they can “force” clear, fair, cloud practices too.

1 Like