Multiple v1 cams status blinking blue after reboots (5/4/22)

you should post this in Fix it Friday. I read sometimes they give update.

1 Like

Add another V1 to the list of b0rk3d cams. Canā€™t remember if it lost power or not, but itā€™s definitely possible. From the threads Iā€™ve found here, it sounds like we donā€™t have a way to fix it, right? The other V1 I have is still online.

If theyā€™re goners, thatā€™s ok. I got way more value from them than I paid. Replacing them with V3s will be a huge upgrade!

No solution that anyone has found anyway.

I ended up replacing my two most important V1s with V3s. Itā€™s a fine upgrade but just a shame thatā€™s what I had to do. Really the only issue I have is Wyzeā€™s silence. If the V1 is dead, thatā€™s fine and I get itā€¦ but just say so!

For fun, I flashed one of the V1s with the OpenIPC firmware. As expected, the camera works just fine. :wink: But local-only access doesnā€™t work for what I need them for.

3 Likes

Good call on the OpenIPC. I bet I can hook it up with my Synology surveillance stuff once thatā€™s loaded. Iā€™ll give it a shot while I work on some V3 replacements.

Add another user experiencing this issue with tree V1 cams to this list. Support didnā€™t mention anything about a ā€œknownā€ bug /error which is currently being investigated/worked on.

1 Like

I was having the exact same issue with both of my v1 cams - blinking blue light after reboot, could not relink to account. I was about to give up (already had replaced one of them with a v3), when I read @KennyCā€™s post about installing openIPC, and thought, hmm, clearly not a hardware issue. I wondered if there was an issue in the last v1 firmware (3.9.4.32 published 1/21/2020)? I used an SD card to revert to 3.9.3.62, and I was able to get both back on my network and linked to my account. Iā€™m NOT claiming a conspiracy ā€” it seems very unlikely that firmware published in Jan 2020 would have a predetermined date to disable the v1 in May 2022, I also saw another thread in which Wyze support was actively trying to assist a v1 user, albeit unsuccessfully.

Note that 3.9.3.62 firmware was published 4/26/2018 ā€” very old, so proceed at your own risk! The links to download more recent versions are broken on the Wyze site, and without checksums, I would not advise using binaries from an untrusted 3rd party. The more recent firmwares not available on Wyze site are:

Very frustrated to have wasted so much time on this. Agree that a clear message should be sent to all users of this issue so others donā€™t get to the point I did (where I contemplated how far I could throw my V1 Cam :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I managed to download the more recent firmwareā€™s from the wyze site (changed the url: https://download.wyzecam.com/firmware/v1/FIRMWARE_660R_F_3.9.4.16.bin.zip and https ://download.wyzecam.com/firmware/v1/FIRMWARE_660R_F_3.9.3.96.zip). The 3.9.3.72 and 3.9.3.88 also work but not the 3.9.3.96 or 3.94.16. The problem is that the firmware only allows live streaming and recording to the sd card. A motion will create an event but it neither has video or image and no notification. Still its better than it was. I am running openipc on some of my dead v1s but its not great either.

The working firmware seems to be missing the ā€œsecurity updatesā€ in the later, which is why they probably still work. If these old firmwareā€™s suddenly stop working then maybe we can say there is a conspiracy.

my 2 V1 cams are dead now with same issue, spent hours with different online recommendations but no luck. Any fix for this yet before I trashed both cams, never buy this brand again

1 Like

@beccraigs
I am sorry that you are also experiencing this issue. Wyze is aware of the issue and working to find and fix the problem. I have been posting updates in the thread I linked below when I get them.

I had the same!!! There is always something with this company!!!