Multiple v1 cams status blinking blue after reboots (5/4/22)

My V2 cam and V2 pan cam no longer connect.

V2 pan cam is quite new .
should submit log.

Sorry, my pan cam is one of the early ones. However, it and thev2 cam worked fine two weeks ago.

I had one V1 that would not connect so I decided to move another V1 in its place, it would not reconnect after powering it down. Tried re-adding it and it gets past the Scan QR Code but fails connecting, both are doing the exact same thing. The 3rd V1 I have has continued to work but has not lost power or connection, so when it does I expect the same thing. Seems Wyze EOPL is a bit more stringent than the announcement.

Wyze admitted there is an outage with V1 cameras. I had two V1 cams go offline last week. Same problem as reported here.

Wyze: Can we get an update on the fix for this problem please.

Contact Wyze if you are having the same issue.

Most recent firmware has taken ever camera to which it was applied offline. Power cycle doesn’t help. Last known good firmware is 4.9.8.501. Did these updates after signing up for Cam+ Unlimited. Cameras to I did NOT apply the latest firmware still work. I guess this is how they keep the number of enrolled cameras to a minimum. Support didn’t have an answer. Sent me “steps to try.” Cameras are 130 miles away. Very disappointing.

Is there a way to downgrade firmware? Since I can’t connect to the app I really have no control on the camera.

You can find the firmware here and download it but the V1 hasn’t been updated:

I think jwbeckman misspoke as the v1 never had a firmware as high as 4.9.8.501. I tried reflashing the available firmware manually but had no change in behavior.

you should post this in Fix it Friday. I read sometimes they give update.

1 Like

Add another V1 to the list of b0rk3d cams. Can’t remember if it lost power or not, but it’s definitely possible. From the threads I’ve found here, it sounds like we don’t have a way to fix it, right? The other V1 I have is still online.

If they’re goners, that’s ok. I got way more value from them than I paid. Replacing them with V3s will be a huge upgrade!

No solution that anyone has found anyway.

I ended up replacing my two most important V1s with V3s. It’s a fine upgrade but just a shame that’s what I had to do. Really the only issue I have is Wyze’s silence. If the V1 is dead, that’s fine and I get it… but just say so!

For fun, I flashed one of the V1s with the OpenIPC firmware. As expected, the camera works just fine. :wink: But local-only access doesn’t work for what I need them for.

3 Likes

Good call on the OpenIPC. I bet I can hook it up with my Synology surveillance stuff once that’s loaded. I’ll give it a shot while I work on some V3 replacements.

Add another user experiencing this issue with tree V1 cams to this list. Support didn’t mention anything about a “known” bug /error which is currently being investigated/worked on.

1 Like

I was having the exact same issue with both of my v1 cams - blinking blue light after reboot, could not relink to account. I was about to give up (already had replaced one of them with a v3), when I read @KennyC’s post about installing openIPC, and thought, hmm, clearly not a hardware issue. I wondered if there was an issue in the last v1 firmware (3.9.4.32 published 1/21/2020)? I used an SD card to revert to 3.9.3.62, and I was able to get both back on my network and linked to my account. I’m NOT claiming a conspiracy — it seems very unlikely that firmware published in Jan 2020 would have a predetermined date to disable the v1 in May 2022, I also saw another thread in which Wyze support was actively trying to assist a v1 user, albeit unsuccessfully.

Note that 3.9.3.62 firmware was published 4/26/2018 — very old, so proceed at your own risk! The links to download more recent versions are broken on the Wyze site, and without checksums, I would not advise using binaries from an untrusted 3rd party. The more recent firmwares not available on Wyze site are:

Very frustrated to have wasted so much time on this. Agree that a clear message should be sent to all users of this issue so others don’t get to the point I did (where I contemplated how far I could throw my V1 Cam :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I managed to download the more recent firmware’s from the wyze site (changed the url: https://download.wyzecam.com/firmware/v1/FIRMWARE_660R_F_3.9.4.16.bin.zip and https ://download.wyzecam.com/firmware/v1/FIRMWARE_660R_F_3.9.3.96.zip). The 3.9.3.72 and 3.9.3.88 also work but not the 3.9.3.96 or 3.94.16. The problem is that the firmware only allows live streaming and recording to the sd card. A motion will create an event but it neither has video or image and no notification. Still its better than it was. I am running openipc on some of my dead v1s but its not great either.

The working firmware seems to be missing the “security updates” in the later, which is why they probably still work. If these old firmware’s suddenly stop working then maybe we can say there is a conspiracy.

my 2 V1 cams are dead now with same issue, spent hours with different online recommendations but no luck. Any fix for this yet before I trashed both cams, never buy this brand again

1 Like

@beccraigs
I am sorry that you are also experiencing this issue. Wyze is aware of the issue and working to find and fix the problem. I have been posting updates in the thread I linked below when I get them.

I had the same!!! There is always something with this company!!!