Multiple Users' Permissions for Shared Users

Hey there big buddy. :slight_smile: No offense taken. :+1: I also know you well enough to know you’re intentions are positive toward improvement.

Wyze Lock Bolt - Improved Shared User Access Management

Currently, when you share the Wyze Lock Bolt with another user they get the following functionality:

Them (Shared User):

• Can control the lock using Bluetooth
  • Can set their access code
  • Cannot set a fingerprint

You (Owner):

• Can see the user can use the shared Lock Bolt
  • Cannot see them as an access user
  • Cannot set access schedules
  • Cannot see if they set an access code
  • Cannot revoke their access code
  • No confirmation that codes are removed when unsharing with a user

I suggest that following features are added:

1. Shared users are automatically added to the access list when they set up an access code
  2. Shared users can add a fingerprint themselves, and this will show up in the access list in the owner’s app
  3. The owner can set access schedule for shared users
  4. The owner can see if a user has set an access code on the lock
  5. The owner can revoke a shared user’s access code (in case the user “leaks” the code to someone else)
  6. It should be visible in the owner’s app that after a user is removed from sharing their fingerprints and access code can be removed.
1 Like

Allow shared account devices to have the same rights as the account sharing the devices. Currently a shared camera does not allow the user to see events or playback recorded video.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

2 Likes

Camera sharing features: Can’t share SDcard viewing. Why not?

Long ago we used to be able to share all viewing capabilities with others. We’ve got 7 cameras in place now and are looking to add at least 10 more as part of our neighborhood watch group. So are V3v cameras.

We don’t want to share the Wyze account that is used, so we don’t.

We do want others to be able to view cloud recordings, and they can by sharing the camera.

We do want to share viewing of the SD card, but can’t.

No sharing of settings changes but read-only viewable options should all be shareable.

No idea why cloud recordings can be shared while local SD card recordings can not be shared.

As it worked previously please make it work again. This seems easy to do.

Thanks.

1 Like

GUESTS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DELETE EVENTS!!!

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but to me that should be a #1 security/safety thing!

For example, we want our kids to have access to the Live views (and even events) via wall mounted tablets but as long as they have the ability to delete event recordings we can not give it to them.

We don’t want them to be able to delete events that could show them doing stuff they aren’t supposed to do or recordings of possible incidents that would get them in trouble…

Another example would be with those same tablets if someone breaks into the house and finds the camera recording on the tablet they could erase evidence…

@WyzeJasonJ @UserCustomerGwen @Josias

I would like each shared user to be able to turn on notifications for the cameras that they are responsible for monitoring. Turn off notifications for cameras for others.

1 Like

My wife & I shared my account for a long time, which was fine. Then we bought a Wyze scale. In order to both use it, I had to create a separate account for her, which necessitated having to share the cams with her. So now she’s lost the ability to view playback. :man_facepalming:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Disable/Enable sound for shared users

Create a feature to disable/enable sound for shared users

PLEASE SEARCH #wishlist and #roadmap and read the How to Use the Wishlist BEFORE POSTING. If your submission is approved, don’t forget to VOTE for it.

1 Like

Shared Camera Notifications

Add the ability to control (enable/disable) push notifications on my device for individual cameras shared with me.
The owner of the phone should get to decide notification settings for that phone, not the owner of the camera.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

1 Like

Shared devices (limited access)

When I shared my devices with my parents they have limited access to setting and controls. There should be an option so we can all do the same thing. We should all be able to change all setting if I choose. They should have the same access as the admin user

So, 3 years later there is still no control over how the sharing happens between accounts, even though the voting shows over 50% for those of customers who cares about sharing :frowning:

Any ETA?

2 Likes

I can’t understand why Wyze is not listening to us!!!

It’s really quite simple, we pose no threat to their business

Shared camera playback option

I wish that my shared cameras users can access the playback from sd card.

PLEASE SEARCH #wishlist and #roadmap and read the How to Use the Wishlist BEFORE POSTING. If your submission is approved, don’t forget to VOTE for it.

1 Like

Speaking of updates, I cannot update the firmware on a camera shared with me. Yet another bug…

We use wyze cams for our company, which currently has four stores. I need to have full access to all cameras at each location, which I do, including the ability to view playback and updates firmwares. I need my managers at each location to be able to login to their own accounts and view playback for just their store. I just realized that they cannot view playback at all. I cannot give my main account info to the individual managers, but I also do not wish to create for seperate master accounts for each store because then I wouldn’t see all stores at one location under my current master account. As it is now, anytime they wish to view playback they need to all call me and explain why and then I have to login and check whatever it is that they need. It’s a real pain. We went with wyze because of the wonderful user interface and the sharing. If we cannot get this feature added soon, we may have to switch to some other system entirely. Some of the managers even have wyze cameras at home so it would be nice if they could view the store playback as well as their own home playback at the same time. Please consider adding this feature… You could make it an optional feature… So that some could optionality enable it or not. But this is something they really needs to be looked at it considered or we will have to switch to another system very soon.

Thanks!

Start looking for a new option because we’ve heard nothing on this and it’s still on the “researching” tag. Given the complexity of having a really good sharing system, I can’t imagine we see any big changes in the next 6 to 10 months.

You’ve identified the main workaround (master account for each store) and the deficiencies with that solution. The only poor alternative I can think of is having them pull SD cards manually and reviewing on a computer but that is such a pain (getting the card out and back in is already a bit of a challenge).

It’s a great use-case but unless someone knows something that hasn’t filtered to the rest of the forum this is going to be a wish-list item for a while because new products make money, updating the Sharing functionality won’t get you to buy any more cameras :wink:

This ONE issue has plagued me and the 9 family members who have bought into the Wyze system (over 60 cameras total) for over 4 years.

We share “some” of our cams with others. Unfortunately we can’t turn off notifications for cameras SHARED with us - so… we get deluged with notifications we don’t want and therefore have to turn off ALL notifications (even from our own cameras!) so that our phone doesn’t buzz every 2 minutes! Yuck!

PLEASE give us at least the ability to turn off notifications for SHARED cameras! What would it take? Money? How much? I’m ready to write a check. Let’s get this done please!

Thanks.

P.S. I’m a software developer with over 20 years of experience including mobile app development. I believe I could add this “IF CHECK” into the system to optionally turn off notifications from shared cameras in a day… seriously.

1 Like

IF CHECK … could this be done outside Wyze, inside IFTTT or TASKER apps?

Why does it seem like we always want to let Wyze off the hook?