Multiple Users' Permissions for Shared Users

In L3 if there is no audio they should not be able to speak. It’s one of the more intrusive functions and should be limited for sure.
Maybe a level needs added between L2 and L3.
Or let L1 toggle audio and speak permissions for lesser levels on the fly. Sometime we want to share the audio and let the person speak, but other times we want the same person to only be able to view/capture/record.

1 Like

This thread is getting long. I do not know if this has been brought up so I apologize if it has.

I decided to share my front (1 of 3) cameras with a trusted other to see what they could see/do to MY CAMERA settings before I tried sharing with others who would be interested in your cameras… I have lots of interested friends who constantly ask me what brand camera it is, etc.
I was SHOCKED to see that PUSH NOTIFICATIONS were being turned off on MY CELL PHONE. I thought something was wrong or that I was loosing my marbles or something.
Turns out my friend was turning off PUSH NOTIFICATIONS ON THEIR PHONE - and it was turning off MY PUSH NOTIFICATIONS TOO. That is NOT GOOD.
If they don’t want them going off on THEIR PHONE I understand that. But I DO - it’s MY HOUSE it’s protecting and I want them all the time.
Is that correct - that’s the way the app is set to be - the 2ndary user who does not even own the camera can turn off MY (the owner) PUSH NOTIFICATIONS ?

6 Likes

Anybody got an answer to that ? (Bump)

1 Like

No there isn’t. The secondary user would have to leave the camera’s notifications on, but disable notifications for the Wyze app on their phone. But if they have their own cameras that they want notifications for, that would be a problem. Thus the need for this feature request.

5 Likes

This all sounds great. Being a developer myself I know how hard to implement a more complicated approach with multiple levels. I would suggest make the design so it can grow to multiple levels in the future. What we really need is to share the most basic things with our spouse so that they can log in themselves. Then add in the all the bells and whistles later.

3 Likes

Please add an option when sharing camera feeds with other users for “viewing sd card playback”. My parents share their camera feed with me, but I am only able to view playback in the cloud. I have no way to access the footage on the sd card. This, in my opinion, defeats the purpose of sharing.

5 Likes

Many of these issues would be resolved by persisting read/write application configuration to a local device plist or sqlite db file for read/write config and then fall back to cloud based setting in the absence of it.

That would enable every user to set phone/tablet specific settings ( camera names , camera order, notifications etc) that are filtered on the PUSH event locally on the device OR the master cloud based config takes precedence in the absence of local config.

2 Likes

We have 17 cams currently in use at our church/academy. While I am the one setting them up, it would be nice to give SD card access to those who are in charge over those specific areas. Example: give the nursery leader access to the nursery cams. Maintenance gets access to others, and so on. I can share the live view but not the sd card playback.

This would be really important to have.

6 Likes

I have one wyze cam in our kitchen, wife and I share the same account so no problems yet but I want to put a 2nd cam that will view a common area that our landlord says he will only permit if he has access to the full feed as well. I am not going to log him into our account so I was wondering if the guest features are updated yet or coming soon.

1 Like

Yes, you can share the camera to his separate Wyze account. He will have access to the live feed but not able to change camera settings. More here:

Sharing Your Camera

Notifications per account instead of by camera. Use case is sharing your camera with someone else. I want notifications on all cameras but my wife only wants them for some. Right now we have to choose between all and none.

5 Likes

From my wish list:

I have a couple cameras being shared I want to have the ability to turn on and off the microphone on Live Stream as I can with the recorded files, want to prevent the other person from hearing sounds or voice from my house when they are playing Live Stream from my cameras and vice-versa when I’m watching their cameras.

Bumping to see if developers addresses the issue

Flaco

3 Likes

I would like to see a similar feautre. My profile or a family mode where you are able to set permissions or ability to change setyings.

1 Like

I second this request!

2 Likes

Would also love this feature

2 Likes

Yes, confirmed… My wife and I use the same account login and it works great!!!

As of today, I don’t find this to be entirely true. And please correct me if I’m wrong.

If you share your camera to a different Wyze User (accout), they can still do some undesirable things; for example:

• Toggle notifications ON/OFF for a camera:
    This turns notifications on or off ENTIRELY for a specific camera. If any of the users, owner or shared, toggle this setting the notifications for that specific camera will be muted or activated for EVERYONE with access to this camera.

• Detect Motion:
    An user with access to a shared camera IS ABLE turn this setting on/off. This means that, if turned off, the target camera loses the ability to record and allow access to recorded events for EVERYONE with access to said camera.

• Change Camera Resolution:
    As with the previous examples, users with access to a camera that’s been shared to them are able to change the camera resolution. This, of course affects EVERYONE with access to said camera.

These are just some examples of how the current state of sharing is lacking in customization for many different situations. The ones I picked above where the ones that I thought could apply to @Birdwatch 's situation (the one to which @Loki was referring to):

Having said all this, there are many other different scenarios that could use full customization of the user permissions and that render an otherwise outstanding product useless (and “un-buyable”) for many situations. I put forward one of my own for the devs to consider:

I live in a family building, and my bedroom window in my apartment has a great view of the backyard and back street. The last two are common areas for all the apartments in our building.

Now, I would gladly share this camera with the rest of my family in the other apartments BUT there is one MASSIVE problem: There is no way to prevent the audio from being shared to them.

As I mentioned before, this camera is located on my bedroom’s window, so everyone would be able to violate my privacy (intentionally or not) while watching the feed from the common areas said camera is pointed at.

Another case in favor of preventing shared users to change camera settings for EVERYONE (even themselves), would be sharing with elders, or not ver tech-savvy people that may unintentionally change critical settings of a camera.

Anyway, this answer has gotten very long so I will conclude saying that WyzeCams owners should get AT LEAST custom permissions per user per camera in every category. For me, presets for different administration levels are an optional commodity, but very welcome as long as they come second to the full customization counterpart.

If all of this gets implemented, and the relatively low prices of the WyzeCams are kept, the competitors would be crushed. There would be virtually no reason to buy any other camera brand.

IMHO.

2 Likes

A whole lot of good points you have there.

One correction: it is not currently possible for shared users to turn off motion detection. While the Event Recording section is still there under Settings, it contains only the push notification toggle. So no toggling of motion detection by shared users. I do agree that in the current state, it probably should not be allowed for them to change the resolution or the push notification per camera setting.

The camera that was being shared To me , there was no toggling of motion detection Available to me.
Push notification toggle was Available , I thought that was just for me But apparently I had turned off push notification For my daughter also and didn’t know it :roll_eyes:

I actually really like this idea, it’s ideal. I know I’ve read plenty on ideas about this or the other, but for what cost and the product you’re providing. I’m extremely happy. I think the iron above will be perfect!!
I would rather you putting more efforts into making sure there are no loop holes or backdoors to hacking into live feeds. To continue to preserve your integrity as a greatNew company.
Koodos for all you’re doing in making this affordable for most of us. I’m extremely extremely Happy with the purchase.

2 Likes