Multiple Users' Permissions for Shared Users

Good question.

Yes, we have hundreds of people who keep repeating the same reasons why they need a slightly different additional feature compared to the other hundreds of people who have already posted about why they want it different in some other minor way, Clearly everyone is wasting their time – especially since many of the “reasons” are nonsense or the idea obviously unreasonable.

[Mod Edit]

Yes, there are several features that would make these cameras more useful to some people. Wyze has added many such features, but despite the [Mod Edit} most of the features that have not been implemented are not so simple to add to the existing hardware and software. [Mod Edit]

"Yes, there are several features that would make these cameras more useful to some people. Wyze has added many such features, "

I’d be interested to see the list of “such features” added since 2018.

Admin vs User access wouldn’t be on a list of “such features” added.
PC /Windows (or Linux?) interfaces wouldn’t be on the list.
LAN storage instead of cloud storage wouldn’t be on it.
An actual “user’s manual” – a simple instruction book – wouldn’t be on it.

There are levels of difficulty to programming in adding new features. There are levels of utility to the users. There are levels of capacity to the hardware and levels of priority to the ISPs trying to route packets without bringing Federal Net Neutrality goons down on their heads. I get all that.

But the more patience I’ve invested in the Wyze cam environment, the more temptation I experience to just go buy an ugly green-camo trail/game camera from the WalMart clearance rack. THAT won’t do all the things my ideal cam-device does, either. But I wouldn’t feel like waiting another month would ever improve matters.

1 Like

I love my wyze cameras. Very impressed by them. But I’d love to be able to share more than just the live and activity sections on my camera. I’d love to be able to give my partner access to the recordings and not have to share an account. I totally get that you can’t allow an unlimited number of people, but like up to 5 users per camera shouldn’t be that crazy. Could even limit to only one can look at old footage at a time as well.
I looked and couldn’t find this feature request so I am making my own lol.

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

2 Likes

If the people at Wyze actually had good ideas and weren’t rude beyond belief, we wouldn’t have to criticize them, but thanks for taking away our first amendment rights…

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Hello,

Our volunteer moderator was following instructions that are put in place to ensure a welcoming area for all community members. Please leave politics and personal attacks out of this community. I have edited your previous reply to take out only the guideline-breaking sections instead of removing it.

If you would like to provide feedback to me, I would be happy to read it as a Wyze employee and share your requests with the team. I’m assuming that one of them is different permission levels for shared users.

But please be kind to folks in the community and follow our community guidelines.

8 Likes

An idea to limit the permissions/access for shared users: you can share with friends/family without authorizing them to move the camera about, or to disable audio features. It could be as easy as a “view only” option when sharing with a new user (like google docs offers), that allows certain users access to only view the live feed in its current position. Sort of like a “child lock” feature for the camera.
For example, in my situation, I ordered a cam pan for my bearded dragon‘s tank. My friends and family are so interested in getting to tune in to watch him! But I live in a small, studio apartment, and don’t want them to have access to rotate the camera (giving them a full view to the rest of my home), or utilize the two-way audio and be able to listen to or join in on my conversations whenever they’d like. That way, complete privacy is maintained for my home, but my friends and family can still enjoy the camera feed when they’d like.

1 Like

I want to add for clarity for everyone: Anyone with “Forum Maven” or “Forum Moderator” after their username is a volunteer and NOT a Wyze employee.

Only folks whose usernames begin with “Wyze…” are actual Wyze employees. Nobody else. The opinions expressed by non-Wyze employees are their own and do not represent the views of the company.

4 Likes

Really?? This thread running for over 2 years and still no Shared user settings?
I’ve had my cams for a couple of years and didn’t realize that my husband couldn’t see playback, until he reinstalled one of our cameras today and re-shared with me. I’m furious that now I have no playback.

FIX this issue already!!!

p.s. I’ve had to replace 2 cameras lately that just stopped working for whatever reason. Now I’m doubtful that I’ll be buying any more, if this simple issue can’t be done.

A simple solution for that would be just simply you and your husband uses his same account with the same login credentials, He would have access to all functions that you do

1 Like

Thanks. I do understand that, but seems like a silly work-around for a problem that has been in the “working on” stage for such a long time.

In this situation, it’s husband/wife, so no big deal, but I don’t want to share the owner login with neighbors, so I still think the playback share permissions thing needs to be addressed… again.