Multiple Users' Permissions for Shared Users

When it comes to my camera, I’m reticent to share it because guests viewers have the power to do everything I do just about.

So for things like use of the microphone, recording, snapshots, ptz, etc…û There should exist in this device the ability to grant or deny permission for each feature. Whomever I allow to view my camera should not be able to arbitrarily record, snap or scare the hell out of me by using the mic. additionally having a guests movements logged as they navigate through the devices I’ve shared with them. A pair of :eyes:, :eye:,:eyeglasses:, :see_no_evil: could appear when ever a guest is viewing
EX:
:eye: whoislooking@my.cam (cam, duration, etc)
Basically, I should be able control (grant or deny permission to) every feature viewers experience. Then and only then will I be comfortable sharing with family and friends

It’d be cool to chat with whomever your viewers are… That’s a pretty nice option also

🅹:o2:🅽:a:🆃🅷:a:🅽 :parking:🅴🆁🆁🆈

1 Like

I use my camera to allow my puppy buyers to watch the puppies in my home. However, I don’t like that they can turn the camera on after I’ve turned it off. I would like to see guests be allowed to watch and maybe move the camera view but not touch any controls. E.g. I turn off speaker… they can’t turn it on.

Additionally, I would like to see who’s watching at any given time.

2 Likes

Welcome! :slightly_smiling_face: and Agreed! Please vote at the top if this thread if you haven’t already. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I would like to see levels of shared access such as “View Only”.

2 Likes

Me, too!!!

This issue should be reprioritized with the release of the wyze scale. My husband and I used to share a log in which allowed us equal access but since getting a wyze scale (which I love) we needed separate accounts so that the scale can tell us apart (yes, we have similar weights).

Without separate accounts , we cannot fully utilize the features of the scale and with separate accounts we cannot fully utilize the features of the wyze cameras. What a conundrum!

Please take another look at prioritizing this need.

6 Likes

My husband and I share a Wyze account. I was unaware that I could not connect 2 watches to our account and we had to create a 2nd account for his watch. Now I have shared our cameras but he no longer has playback access to cameras in his own house.

I agree to definitely elevate this issue. Permission levels or selectable permitted activities for shared cameras should definitely be a thing!

5 Likes

This is my complaint about WYZE branching off into different product lines and trying to maintain all under one app. It is not reasonable to expect one app, and one account, to control personal devices like the band and household devices like the cameras.

1 Like

Agreed. I need this feature as well, I am the admin that shares the camera with other users, I do not want other users to be able to turn off or turn on the camera, or use the microphone. This is a problem.

I agree that we should be able to prevent Shared camera users from using the microphone or power on the camera when it is turned off by me, the admin.

Many uses including myself wants this feature: for the admin of the camera to be able to prevent shared users from using the microphone or turning off and on the camera. Let us know when this is implemented in the next release of the Wyze cam app!

This is currently a big problem for us

1 Like

Can I only give watch/read access to my family/friends without having them delete or move the camera (which is basically write access)?

Not yet.

1 Like

I’d say friends or neighbors and let the user choose where sharers should fit in. And give full access to friends and Partial access to neighbors. And have a list of things that friends can do and a list of things neighbors can or can’t do. The user would know which category they want certain people to have. It doesn’t have to be too complicated. Keep up the good work.

Good Morning. I recently found out that the main user is the only one able to use the view playback feature. I would like to see the people I share the camera with have the same ability. The reason I believe this would be beneficial is because my wife and I use the cameras currently as baby monitors. She would like to have that feature.

4 Likes

No arguments with that wish! Just in case you haven’t read it elsewhere, the only quick workaround now is for both people to just use the same “owner” account. Which is apparently not popular with people who want private scale or band accounts.

What I want is actually the opposite - the ability share a live stream without the ability to do anything else - listen to audio, turn the cam off, look at history, etc. But it’s all the same request - more granular sharing controls.

Anyhow, if you haven’t done so already, be sure to vote at the very top of the topic - it may do some good! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@sodcam It’s not even that we want private accounts. It’s not optional! Wyze released products - the scale and band - that obviously would be used by multiple people in a household (they can’t possibly think all their users are single people, can they?) and then didn’t have the foresight to allow them to be shared. I didn’t know I couldn’t hook up 2 bands until I went to try to register the 2nd one.

But I’m not disagreeing with you! :smile: Let’s get this permissions thing fixed!!

2 Likes

I did this initially but then noticed it was causing an issue with our wyze door lock with location accuracy. So thats why we changed it and now have another issue ha ha

I love the Wyze Scale, and all the other products (I have 31 total Wyze products and intend to get at least 10 more. I’d call that a pretty loyal customer they should at least be open to listening to).

However, add me to the list of those frustrated with the shared user issues. Since we have the Scale, my wife and I need separate accounts just to weigh ourselves, which means 1 of us can no longer view playback on any of our cams through our account. This needs to be fixed ASAP! We both need playback access to all the cams, but we also need separate accounts for the scale (and band if I ever get those).

That’s a critical issue. Any other addition would simply be beneficial/appreciated. For example, I’d love to give playback permissions to my daughter for a couple of select cams (such as the front/back door cams, but not all of them. Many other options would also be useful, but allowing playback access to a spouse should be a critical urgent upgrade!

1 Like

This wishlist feature appears to be buried and forgotten.

I have these cameras in my house as well as my parents’ house because my kids are there often.

Would love to share only some of the cameras only! Playback of SD card is such a selling point for this camera but it’s useless to me if only one person can access it.

My wife and I have to share the account because of this. Wyze supports also says “yeah no big deal just sign in using one login” but that actually doesn’t work for me because I like having notifications and she does not (since she works from home and doesn’t need to see the notifications). IFTTT did allow me as a shared user to have notifications while at work and keep her notifications muted option but then the lack of video playback is lacking.

So for those with multiple properties and cameras, this is the issue you’ll run into. I myself am coming from Nest and in the perfect situation wouldn’t even bother buying more Wyze cams but - they are amazing for the price which is why I have multiple of them.

This feature needs to be a priority…

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

4 Likes