Multiple Users' Permissions for Shared Users

Thank you

Cg Krehely
[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

I want to see you log out and log in to the other account in two seconds. Not everyone is that fast like you and some people actually access the cameras a whole lot more often than twice a day, everyone’s situation is different. Just because you have no need, does not mean someone else doesn’t as well.

1 Like

Totally agree. These forums are filled with half baked workarounds that work for some so they believe should be a universal fit for all. Rather, they should be supportive because in most cases the desired features are truly essential features that wyze should have had from the very beginning.

[Mod Edit]

As for how often someone accesses their camera, there is no need to log out and log back in every time they access the camera. At most, ONE of the two users with the scale problem would log out and log back in when using the scale. With [Mod Edit] understanding of how the cameras work, the work-around is simple and easy:

User1 continues to use the existing administrator account for both the cameras and the scale. User1 shares the cameras to the new account created for User2

User2 uses the new account for the scale and for regular viewing of the cameras. User2 only needs to log out and log back in with the administrator account on those occasions when User2 wants to use one of the commands not available on a shared camera. If User2 does switch to the administrator account there is no need to switch back to the User2 account until he wants to use the scale.
User1 never needs to log out and log back in. User2 would never need to log out and log back in any more often than the number of times he or she uses the scale.

Yes, this is a “work-around” not a “perfect solution” – there are no perfect solutions that will fit every possible desire of every possible user. The purpose of the forum is not just to run up a list of trivial demands that the Wyze developers are supposed to immediately implement no matter who wants something different. One significant function of the forum is to let users help other users with alternative solutions or “work-arounds”

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

I do not agree with you if you want to go that route, [Mod Edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Some posts were edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines, specifically the following sections. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

2 Likes

It’s been a while since this post. Has the issue been addressed? I would like my son to have access to view but not the ability to turn off the camera.

1 Like

No, Wyze has not commented on the issue for some time.
The only way, that I know of, to allow people to view but not manipulate the cameras is to run tinyCam server on an Android device. I use an Android TV box.
It’s a bit more work for you but it can work well. People can view your cameras using any browser.

1 Like

OK, I have apple products, and I also don’t know what a tinyCam server is, so I guess i am out of luck until (if) Wyze creates a fix. Thank you for your insight and reply though!

1 Like

tinyCam server is just an Android app.
Google tinyCam

You can run it on a cheap Android TV box, <$50 with a keyboard.
Amazon Android TV Box

Once the box is set up you don’t need to keep it connected to a TV, just the Internet.

I doubt we will see a fix from Wyze that will address most sharing concerns.
They are planning to bring a PC/Mac/browser app out sometime. It may do what you want. It could be a year or more, no one knows, including Wyze.

1 Like

I started sharing cameras with my wife, since we got a wyze scale, which requires her to have her own account to measure to her profile. Now, my wife cannot change the camera settings anymore, since her settings look minimal in comparison to the setting I see for the same camera. How can I give her the ability to enable/disable event recording for a specific camera?

You can’t unfortunately. There’s a highly requested wishlist item to be able to add permissions for shared users, but nothing has happened yet. For now, all you can do if you need her on her own account for the scale is have her use her own account for the scale and whatever else needs the separate account and have her log off and log in under the main admin account for changing settings.

Please add Time Lapse to L2 access (Contributor).

1 Like

Yes please!

On what controls to what:
My experience is only with the cams.

At minimum, only the Owner, person who added the item, is allowed to change anything. Everyone else can only view, no sound or anything else.

Following that:
L1 is the owner. They have everything, including remove the object from the account. This is the only level that can allow permissions for view only and “other” such as notifications or sound. This should be the person or account that added the device.

L2 is User: For only their access, can always view and can turn on or off any of the “other” permissions for their use only. Does not effect other user or viewer accounts.

L3 is Viewer: They can only view the camera, no sound and no other abilities.

I think it would be nice to allow a single account to have multiple log ins or access to the Wyze products on the main users account. I;d like my wife to be able to use the scale, and let her information be private to her. I also would like her to have full access to our cameras for using their full capabilities such as recording on demand, etc. I have shared the account with her, and she logs in with my user name, but still can’t do anything but view the cameras. If there’s something I’m missing, please share with me.
Thanks !
Jimmy

2 Likes

I only had one Wyzecam and recently acquired two more. I’m planning to get more in the near future. I’m coming from Yi cameras world BUT I love Wyze world now and all its products and their integration with Alexa. When sharing a Wyzecam with someone else I wish there was an option to chose what things can or can’t that person do. Maybe a simple “Notification Only” option but not Admin rights(ability to change settings that the Admin User does not want) (I hope I am explaining this correctly)

My wife and I both have the Wyze app, but she only wants notifications sent to her phone when motion is detected from a certain camera and I want notifications sent to my phone from motion detected from all the cameras, but when we turn off notifications on her app, it turns it off on mine as well. She also wants the option do be able to see all the cameras when she wants, same with my account.

1 Like

I would like to be able to share a wyze cam with my family, but I also want all of them to be able to view the playback from the SD card if there is a way to do this let me know!

It would be really nice if there was a way for the person your sharing a cam with to view the playback from it. Possibly a higher sharing level or be able to use the wyze scale for different people on the same
Account.