Multiple User Geofencing Geolocation (incl. Home Monitoring)

It would be handy if thar we just left the house the camera would start recording by itself like the amazon security camera, and when you go home it stops recording.

1 Like

Is there a way to turn off notifications on specific cameras while my phone is connected to my home wifi? If not could this be a future addition?

I know there is a trigger in IFTTT for when you connect to a specific wifi, and there is an action to turn off notifications, but I believe it turns all of the Wyze notifications off and not specific ones.

Would really like to see Camera on/off capabilities (e.g., disable/enable a group of cameras) based on multi-user geofence.

1 Like

There is a way to currently do this using Life360 and IFTTT, it obviously is a work around, but letting you know there is currently a way

Hi. Thanks for the response. I didn’t find a way to turn the cameras on/off using life360/IFTTT, only disable notifications. Is there a way to turn them on/off?

Give me a minute to check

Ok I can’t test it but I just set one up that when I leave home it will turn on a camera, under the IF use life360 and under the THAT use WYZE with option turn on (or off) the device you want on or off

I still really want this feature without going outside of the Wyze ecosystem. I’d like to have the cameras not record or notify when me, my spouse, or both of us are home, and record and notify if we are both out. I used Next/IFTTT for a while to disable notifications, but that integration is dead (or dying at least).

1 Like

Ok thanks, I’ll have to go back and look at that again. Appreciate it. (would be nice if Wyze just added this feature though :grinning: )

As you may know, the Amazon Cloud Cam has a great optional feature which makes turning on and off the app automatic. Once you establish your location, the app establishes a geo-fence around the property. How this works is that your phone is linked to the app, and so that when you enter the zone, your cameras will turn off; and once you leave the perimeter, the cameras turn on.

It is a great feature because it is based on your proximity to the cameras and not based on a specified schedule. This makes it great for people who are not on fixed schedules or for those who do not leave and return at specific times of day, or who are in and out at different intervals during the day.

Alternately, if the cameras can be armed/disarmed in conjunction with the motion sensor, that would be great. But how would the app know if you are coming or going unless you had a geo-fence linked to your phone’s location? Is it possible for someone to design a rule template so this can be done?

Thanks.

I believe you cab do this now through IFTTT using the Life360 app as the trigger. I use it to turn on lights when I arrive, but you can use it to turn off cans, I just let mine run all the time.

Well I’m happy to report that I achieved multi-user geofencing…using IFTTT and my Nest multi-user geofence and the Wyze trigger in IFTTT. NOTE : if you don’t see your cameras in IFTTT, log out /in of the Wyze connection. Thanks @WyzeJasonJ

1 Like

I am glad you got it working

Would really love to see geo fencing support for multi family homes like arlo has. Ifttt doesn’t work for this as it’s only based per phone. But adding native geo fencing would be great as it wouldn’t arm my cameras when someone is still at home. If this support was added it I would be buying many more cameras.!

This is a pretty standard feature with most of the competitors such as Canary and Arlo. Not sure why this is not a higher priority.

1 Like

The ‘I’m Home’ and ‘I’m Away’ rules would be greatly enhanced if they could be automated via geo-fencing. When the phone with the Wyze app is within a ‘home’ area, the ‘I’m Home’ rule would be ran, when the phone with the Wyze app leaves the ‘home’ area, the ‘I’m Away’ rule would be ran. The primary use would be to turn the camera’s on/off automatically based upon the users location.

7 Likes

Yes all hail wyze if they implement this exact issue!
I hope they do.
Very good points

1 Like

What I want are “Somebody’s home” and “Everyone’s away” rules.

Exactly