Multiple User Geofencing for Alerts and Notifications

maybe-later

We have two people living at my house and would like to geofence so that if either/both of us is home, automatic recording and notifications are disabled. If all associated people are gone, notifications and recording are enabled.

It’s possible to do this in a really hacky way with IFTTT and Nest home/away status, but I don’t like the multiple cross-platform dependencies.

Someone else suggested this in Geo Locations - Notifications, but I think it needs to be on a roadmap.

Location aware enable/disable of notifications
Location aware enable/disable of notifications
Geo Locations - Notifications

It would be nice for the app to recognize when you or anyone sharing your cameras are home and turn off notifications.

since I don’t always get home at the same time I don’t use the timers for notifications but if you go to notifications then click on the settings - you can turn off push notifications so you don’t get the alert.

Yeah, I have all notifications turned off. If I remember, when we leave I turn them back on.

I second this suggestion. I have a similar one, which is to support IFTTT as that allows you to align all of your home automation gear (and anything else with an ifttt extension) to align to the same concept of ‘a family member is home’ and ‘everyone is away’.

the notification schedule BADLY needs a weekend mode or at least set days to monitor along with time. I get tons of recordings and notifications on weekends during the hours that I am normally at work during the week.

I was going to suggest a similar feature:

I’d really like to have a way to turn the cameras or notifications on only when the phone with the app disconnects from the Wi-Fi to which the camera is connected. That way the cameras or notifications are off when the homeowner is home (most of the time), and they come on automatically when the homeowner leave.

Wyze has a fantastic system, but I find myself disregarding the alerts/notifications because I get them constantly when I’m home. I’ve tried shutting it down when I’m home, but remembering to turn it on as I leave is a problem. The timer is only helpful for things like work when you know exactly when you’ll be away. There needs to be some way for the cameras to know when you’re home and/or away without using a timer.

@kwie2011… Until such time as Wyze implements this natively, you can presently use IFTTT to accomplish this. If you have an Android phone, you can use the IFTTT wifi trigger. If you have an iPhone, you have to use the IFTTT Location trigger, as the IFTTT app is not allowed access to the wifi network info in iOS.

that doesn’t address that multiple user issue. Currently Wyze camera can only marry to one device

You can use Life360 combined with IFTTT for multi user geo control. More info here:

Have you tried sharing the camera with the other user?

I vote for this as well please. Would love to be able to have the cameras turn on/off and/or turn on/off notifications when home/when leaving home geolocation automatically like my thermostat does!