Multi Camera View -- more cameras per grid

I am a long time user of Wyze products and an advocate for your devices.

Having a number of cams, are you considering an app interface that streams a grid of cam product like many of the video security systems on the market. In other words, I have 8 Wyze cams, I would like to see all 8 simultaneously in a grid with live images, and be able to click on any one to expand it.
Along with an app possibly a computer or web interface to do the same.
Regards
Nick

2 Likes

I haven’t had any luck with Tiny Cam. Seems to Drop all the time.

Is there any roadmap on allowing more cameras to be displayed in a camera group on a single screen? I like the feature for such a budget camera, but displaying 6 or 8 would be even more ideal. Changing the stream sizes would be a nice feature too. I have a tablet running WYZE setup like a DVR screen. Not having to swipe to see other cameras on a bigger tablet screen would be ideal.

1 Like

I agree with this wish list. Having an option to “tile” 2 or 3 wide smaller images would be ideal when someone has 6-10 or more cameras, and/or lights to operate. Having the ability to even choose to use one or more live at a time without going to a single full size image is a convenience. Summary - the ability to tile or make a grid of the cameras’ images on one screen would be of great benefit and convenience.

You do know you can grid 4 at a time in the regular Wyze app?

I have 7 cameras now. Can you grid that many? Are any live?

You can scroll through them all in live view but only 4 at a time. The same cameras can do a higher density grid in TinyCam.

https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030146191-Group-and-Sort-Products

1 Like

what is TinyCam?

An independent Android app that can speak to Wyze cameras using your Wyze credentials. It supports hundreds of other brands too. It’s pretty great.

wow…i love this… thanks for posting it… Really helps!

Yes. This is very much needed for folks who are monitoring their grounds using a tablet or computer. We want the ability to view multi-cam streams on the same screen, instead of having to toggle or swipe over to see rest of the cameras. 4 is way to limited. IF necessary, maybe create a separate Wyze Camera App for multi camera viewing for Wyze Cams. This way, More people would want to switch fully over to Wyze cameras if the able to monitor them all on the same screen. Otherwise, Wyze is too proprietary, and Other apps allow Wyze integration to a mix Camera setup. (ie: Tiny Cam) But Wyze cameras are not that stable on Tiny Cam and go in and out. VERY frustrating.

Multiview Camera’s in one screen

Looking to see if we can get ALL cameras in a group onto one screen.

TinyCam seems much more unreliable than the OEM app. The grid setup in Wyze just doesn’t work for me. I really hope they update this soon.

The tinyCam developer says, as a general rule, only 3-4 Wyze cams at a time will stream fluidly to a single ‘view’. My experience says three-and-a-half.

I haven’t used Wyze’ group functions with more than three cameras at a time since they first developed it, because in the beginning, with three, it was most stable.

Recently dumped a bunch into a group and it’s much more stable now, though only 3 (in portrait) or 4 (in landscape) are ever actively displayed and streaming at a time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

More cameras on the interfact

Other than downloading a secondary app, I wish Wyze could have a bigger grid for live cameras. Right now, it is only a 2x2 grid. It would be helpful having a 3x3 or 4x4 grid while not using cam monitor pro.

Well, that’s sucks! Is this a limitation from the Wyze side? Hence why they only show four cameras in a group on the Wyze app? Tiny cam is so unstable with Wyze, and I really want to view more than 4 on a single grid.

UPDATE: Based on one of your other replies in another thread, I also found that changing to Stream profile to “Sub” (best) or “Auto” (better) seems to help tiny cams multi-streaming a lot. Thanks! I have 9 cams streaming much smoother now. I do still notice some delays occasionally, however. You are also sacrificing the HD streams, as you mentioned in the other thread.

1 Like

It’s so unstable in Tiny Cam for me. The streams drop constantly. I have many cameras, though, around 12.

true, same here. They constantly disconnect.

Just coming back to say Tinycam is far more unstable than wyze app. I really wished Wyze would look into this.

Not for me. TinyCam is rock solid. I have about 8 cameras, mostly but not entirely Wyze.