Move sensors to new bridge?

Hello
I recently added a few more cameras and bridges to my system. At the time I assumed I’d be using the second bridge on the second floor, But the truth is, Im not really a fan of having the cameras inside the house. That said, I may rely only on one camera/bridge in the house to handle all of the sensors. But to do that I have to unpair from one camera and pair with the ‘main’ camera.
This leaves me with two questions:
1- how do I know which sensors are connected to which bridge? (aside from unplugging one to see which sensors go offline? this works, but I was hoping for a more graceful option)
2- will I lose all of my automations/routines? Because I have all of my sensors connecting to Smartthings as virtual switches through IFTTT, and while that process isnt difficult, it is time consuming, so I’d prefer not to have to set up all of the virtual sensors again.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

1 Like

Go to the camera settings. Gear icon in right corner. Scroll down to extended devices. Select it. Select the bridge and it will show all devices in that bridge/camera.

No you should not lose your routines because they aren’t based on a camera but on a bridge.

But if you combine them all I’m not sure. You can move a device from one bridge to another without deleting it but I’ve found them to run inconsistently that way so I delete and re add. YMMV.

2 Likes

@paindonthurt is right about the device list under the cam settings. You can also muddle your way backward from the device to find out which cam it’s linked to.
Get the cams mac address from the cam’s device info screen. I just know mine since I only have two bridges. Then if for whatever I’m at a device trying to figure anything out, the device info screen gives me the cam mac address for the cam/bridge it’s linked to.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I dont know how I missed that ‘extended services’ section. Duh!

So is there a process for unpairing and re-pairing sensors as non-destructively as possible?

2 Likes

You can remove the battery and reinstall it without changing settings (I would recommend replacing with a good name brand while you are at it). Resetting with the pin requires going thru the install process again.
Moving the bridge from cam to cam is plug and play.

1 Like

really? So I can pull out the battery and when I plug it back in it will ask to pair again, but will retain all other settings?

1 Like

the software remember the Mac number. The info is stored at your account at Wyze. Because you can use other cell phone to view the cam

1 Like

Open up your app and if you’re not on your homepage do so. Then click on one of the cameras and go to the gear on the top right.

Scroll down to where it says device info. It will have a Mac address. I write down the last three letters or numbers from that MAC address of the camera. I then go to each individual sensor and do the same thing to find it’s MAC address and pair them up so I know which sensor went to which camera.

If I want to pair up a sensor with any camera that it is not paired to I actually delete the product/sensor. I then grab my probe to set up each sensor again allowing you to choose which camera to pair to. Hope that helps

1 Like

No -it will not ask to’ pair’ again. It will still be linked to the same bridge but it will try to reconnect, which sometimes helps. To completely re-link. you have to delete and reinstall again using the whole process with the pin like you initially did the first time. Same if you want to move from one bridge to another.

3 Likes